Hammock
    doublenest eno
    Tarp
    old fly
    Insulation
    1" foam/sp.blanket
    Suspension
    1/2" diy straps
    woohoo! makes me wanna get out! i don't normally get out that way to camp, closest i've been is centerville. great group camp site there. i'd like to know where you were. looked great. weathers been great, colors are awesome. nice to see ya getting out there. cya on the trail.

Hammock
    WarBonnet Blackbird 1.1
    Tarp
    WarBonnet Edge
    Insulation
    4 JRB quilts.
    Suspension
    Home made job.
    You need a kayak for that great place. There’d be some good paddling there!

I damaged the fly net in two of my hammocks and the fix/patch I used was Kwik Grip otherwise known as contact adhesive. It dries flexi and so far so good. I put a little blob on both the inside and the outside on top of the small holes. It might be best to send Hennessy an email with a link to the above video and ask them what to do. The above glue trick is good for non-load bearing areas. All it does is stop the hole from getting bigger.

Anyway, that’s what I’ve done.

Oh and yep, well put, hammocks are great and I don’t know why everyone doesn’t use’em either. If they did, we'd have no one to laugh at.

Hammock
    Danger Bird
    Tarp
    Varies with season
    Insulation
    UGQ Everything
    Suspension
    Webbing Suspension
    "This sure beats the crap out of laying on the ground...holy crap, like why doesn't everybody do this."

And may I also quote a singer "....touched for the very first time."

Bingo Someone turned on the lights in the brain....

I felt this way as well, I think we all did the first time...And even though I still consider myself a newb I still have that same exact feeling every time I get into my hammock. I bet the veterans do to.

Since your gonna have cash to throw around next summer, get a WBBB and keep the HH for a hiking partner, or your son or the significant other in your life.

Enjoy, and you might want to get the local number to your Hammockers Anonymous meeting place. But then again it is only addiction, if you want help and are trying to quit.
    I miss my 4.8Lb base weight as a ground dweller...But I sure DON'T MISS the ground.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    UGQ Hanger 11 WB
    Insulation
    3S Phnx/1S GoLite
    Suspension
    Straps/Whoopies
    Images
    I think for me, the revelation that I had during/after my first overnight hang was that I didn't want to get up! Normally when in a tent (actually even in a bed) I can only tolerate 6-7 (5-6 for a tent) hours before my back and other body parts hurt so bad that I need to get up and move around. In the morning in my hammock I was upset because I had to get moving and go to work.

It seems to me that the best thing for me about sleeping in a hammock is that you have so many support areas (some might consider them constrictions and be claustrophobic) that when I get sore or uncomfortable all it takes is moving an arm, leg, twist of the body, or a shift in the hammock and I'm in a new position and feel comfortable again. In a bed or tent you can shift to a new position and THEN have to try to make yourself comfortable. With the hammock I find that almost ANY shift instantly supports me in that new position and I'm comfortable.

Good stuff... I also love the rocking back and forth when you get in

Dave
    The best things in life aren't things. -- Art Buchwald

Hammock
    PolyD
    Tarp
    OES MacCat ultra
    Insulation
    New River KAQ
    Suspension
    Speed Hooks
    Images
    Welcome glad to have you here at HF.
    Tortoise never for a moment stopped, but went on with a slow but steady pace straight to the end of the course.
    Translated by George Fyler Townsend. Aesop's Fables (p. 18). Amazon Digital Services, Inc..

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx and Burrow
    Suspension
    Strap and Buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by hang10 View Post
    woohoo! makes me wanna get out! i don't normally get out that way to camp, closest i've been is centerville. great group camp site there. i'd like to know where you were. looked great. weathers been great, colors are awesome. nice to see ya getting out there. cya on the trail.
    It's just north of Stillwater on highway 95... this particular spot is called the boom site. I think the best place to drop your canoe in is across from osceola on highway 95 then canoe south and there is a campsite probably every 15 minutes or so.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx and Burrow
    Suspension
    Strap and Buckle
    well I sent some images over to HH and they got back to me very quickly and said they looked cosmetic only. They said if I wanted I could put a patch over them, but that it should be fine.
    The camper formerly known as HikingDad...

Hammock
    WBB
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Baby Orca/Klymit
    Suspension
    straps/c buckles
    Images
    for what it's worth..

I bought a HH off a guy from here. He said he had only used it like twice.
    The first time I hung ( I hung it in my house...and have never gone back to my regular bed since....like 2 months now) I noticed in the light the material was the same as yours only more 'cloud' like, rather than structured lines- still that opaque-ness.
    I just figured he either had some repellent on or after shave of some sort as it was close to the head area.
    It kinda freaked me out at first , but after several more days....no signs of wear or tear.

very nice vid

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx and Burrow
    Suspension
    Strap and Buckle
    ***UPDATE***

Apparently I missed it, but when HH replied not only did they say it was only cosmetic, but that they would issue me a 50% refund which they already did! Talk about a company with good customer service and treats their customers right! I plan on buying my sons and wife hammocks fom them in the near future!
    The camper formerly known as HikingDad...

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    You look like you are in Happy-Ville out there and in the hammy!
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast