I was dropped off by my lovely wife just before Noon in Duncannon, PA. A short while later I had this great view:

I hiked 12 miles in to Darlington Shelter where I set up for the night.

I got up before sunrise and enjoyed a cool clear day of hiking, finishing off 26 miles later just across from Tagg Run.

The next day started of clear, but sprinkled rain a bit in the early afternoon. It stopped as I ate supper and set up my hammock, but then rained most of the night. I sure slept good listening to the rain. Especially after a 24 mile day into Quarry Gap Shelter.

I actually slept in a bit, which was nice, and strolled an easy 20 miles to just before the PA/MD border. I set up right beside Falls Creek and enjoyed listening to the water run as I drifted off. Instead of "porch mode" with my tarp, I opened the ends up so I can see straight out as I lay in my hammock. I called this "vista mode."

The last day of my hike was a fun one. I expected rain all day, and wasn't disapointed! I made the 27 miles into Washington Monument Park where I enjoyed some mac-n-cheese and an amazing view while I waited my lovely wife to come pick this hiker bum up! It was an amazing hike that really rejuvenated my spirits. Some fresh, cool air.... good exercise, great nights sleep in the hammock.... life is good.

Here's a video of parts of the trip that I managed to slow down a bit and take. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUeyYy6e1G8