Hammock
    Superior Gear
    Tarp
    Superior Gear
    Insulation
    Down

BMBH saves the day. er night

Family camp trip with some friends. Car camping in a campground with the wife and both my boys along with another couple in Jones MI. This means tents. I sleep right next to my wife on the air mattress and both my boys have their own air mattresses. Well everything is set up and the fire is roaring. I set up the hammock and tarp just for the fun of it. Next thing I know my son is complaining that his air mattress has a leak. I make the big sacrifice and announce that I will sleep in the hammock so my youngest can sleep next to his mom. Temp got down to 30 deg. Only my feet got cold but I fixed that with a fleece blanket. I use a blue wallyworld pad and this time I added the green mat that came with my wii fit. No cold issues from the bottom at all. Cant wait for my next night out.
    Pete.
    The opinions expressed by this user are not those of a competent individual. If they were that would mean I know what I am talking about.

Images
    Glad you were rescued, Otter! Did you have a good sleep?

Hammock
    doublenest eno
    Tarp
    old fly
    Insulation
    1" foam/sp.blanket
    Suspension
    1/2" diy straps
    lol oh, the sacrafices we fathers make. i hope they appreciate it. i know you did! :P

Hammock
    Superior Gear
    Tarp
    Superior Gear
    Insulation
    Down

sacrifice

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    Glad you were rescued, Otter! Did you have a good sleep?
    BillyBob I did sleep well. I did have to get up twice to pee but I suspect that would have been the same in the tent. That is about normal for any camping I do. I may need to try warm weather camping some time and see if I dont have that issue. I kept getting the same comments that I am nuts and I will freeze that a lot of people here on the forums get. Come morning after hearing everyone's comments I do believe I slept the warmest of any of us. Around 3 am my wife got up dug in the van for tp then came under my tarp and got my kerosene lantern, lit it and walked to the outhouse and I never stirred so I would say I was definitely sleeping well.

Quote Originally Posted by hang10 View Post
    lol oh, the sacrafices we fathers make. i hope they appreciate it. i know you did! :P
    Yes we give up the security of nylon walls and the comfort of an air mattress and all we get is to rock gently in the trees in confort er I mean freeze to death in a banana shaped coyote pinata. (No bears here but plenty of coyotes.)
    Pete.
    The opinions expressed by this user are not those of a competent individual. If they were that would mean I know what I am talking about.

• + New Posts