TC jungle, HB triple L Owl, TTTM
    Tarp
    Claytor Diamond
    Insulation
    Pad
    Suspension
    Whoopies & Webbing

Don't forget the Tom Claytor hammocks!

Had my Tom Claytor mosquito hammock out yesterday to take some measurements to make new folding lightweight bug mesh spreader bars from aluminium arrow shafts.(Will put them on the DIY section and I get it done)
    I think the Claytor hammocks do not get all the praise they deserve other than being a bit heavy(but this goes with being very robust) The hammock & Tarp will cost you 150.00 delivered a great hammock at a good price for anyone where weight is not the absolute top priority.

I have been doing some upgrade since joining the forum, replaced the horrible original suspension with amsteel loops and whoopie slings I use trees traps and carabiners with whoopie slings. Claytor snakeskins I admit they are overpriced but fit extremely well and are less trouble to use than the Hennessy snakeskins on my other hammock also added bungee cord internal ridge line to support the mesh and give me more stay space hang things out of my way.

Added an eyelet to the original hammock bag can now stuff the hammock in its snakeskins into the bag without folding the hammock up.(Much quicker and it keeps things off the ground. Separated the original tarp into its own bag added snakeskins to it for fast deployment.(thanks Shug!) This has helped with the weight I only need to carry the Tarp when necessary. We get six months a year where it almost guaranteed not to rain! So it's pretty safe not to take your tarp during the cool weather in this part of the world.

I use 4m of 3 mm bungee cord with key carabiners on the end as my ridge line to support the bug mesh snap them into the biners on the tree straps this can be deployed in about 30 seconds and flexes with the hammock when you get into it very convenient set up.

Lying in my Claytor hammock yesterday reminded me of just how good it is! Forgiving in how you set it up very little shoulder squeeze almost no calf ridge or knee hyperextension from me in this hammock. Certainly is going to get plenty of use in the future if I can get my wife out of it is her fav particularly on my kayak trips where weight is not such a consideration.

A few shots of my set up attached feel free to ask me questions.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by I-NT; 10-30-2011 at 21:00. Reason: Spelling add pixs

• + New Posts