Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: cold sleeper

I wore a fleece beanie! Just ordered a new wool one from Kat at MountainGoatGear!
    BillyBob58 thanks for your offer. I'm going to try to get it dialed in with a friend of mine in the hammock. If I continue to have problems I may give you a shout!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by nu2hike View Post
    I wore a fleece beanie! Just ordered a new wool one from Kat at MountainGoatGear!
    BillyBob58 thanks for your offer. I'm going to try to get it dialed in with a friend of mine in the hammock. If I continue to have problems I may give you a shout!
    Excellent! Try and figure out if it is a dif cut or not. If it is not, just make sure it is not TOO tight!

And especially if your WBBB is a dbl layer, before you suffer that much again just put a WM blue pad into the WBBB pad pocket under your feet and or feet!

Hammock
    DIY DL/HH Hyperlite/WBBB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    WL Old Man Winter
    Insulation
    HHSS/DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Webbing
    Images
    +1 on the blue pad/ reflectix under your feet, whether in between a dbl layer, inside the hammock on a single layer, or even inside your footbox/sleeping bag.

The small chemical handwarmer packs work great too for generating heat if there are blood circulation problems involved. Toss one in by your feet and they will be toasty all night.

Personally I found my biggest issue with my UQ on a gathered end hammock was the "ridge" that runs through the center when loaded caused a small gap between the hammock and UQ on the foot end under my calves. That small gap lets a lot of cool air pool under my backside causing major CBS. On my last trip at ~ 28 degrees F I used a spare sock to plug the gap. I'll probably add a draft tube to the foot end of the UQ to alleviate this.
    Experience is the worst teacher - it presents the exam first and the lesson later. - Unknown

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12