hennessy deep jungle xl
    Tarp
    hennessy hex tarp
    Insulation
    roll matt
    Suspension
    karabiner
    "i wont ever be getting a zip only hammock" Trekkingnut 11-01-2011, 03:32

My Deep Jungle XL just arrived.... I will be eating my own words!!! however its for me to test out as opposed to me buying it..... hehehe that makes me feel a little better!

Hammock
    hennessy deep jungle xl
    Tarp
    hennessy hex tarp
    Insulation
    roll matt
    Suspension
    karabiner
    i know this is an old post BUT....

well after 3 years of heavy reviewing in guyana and peru i can confirm this hammock is awesome and the zip is still exactly the same. ive probably spent over 300 nights in this hammock.

i havent been using the garda hitch... just one twist round a caribiner, pull to desired tightness and then stick in a quick release knot.

even that has had its toll on the spectre chord and the sheath is a bit fluffy in places but its stilll holding strong and shows no sign of breaking.

i FINALLY broke my snake skins after 5 years of use.... over zealous tug and one side popped at the thin end....

hennessy have sent me a pair of their new funnels but i missed them in the uk so i havent tried them out yet... will use them in malawi in september/october time...

ive used the DJ with and without a pad (never with the actual one hennessy gave me as it was too bulky) also with a therma rest (slightly inflated but not too much), with duvets, sleeping bags, pillows, blankets, in wet season, dry season, mosquitos, no mosquitos, towns, villages, cloud forest, savana, high jungle, low jungle, net rolled back, net zipped up, with oversized tarp, no tarp, camping, for work, for fun and for emergencies...

all in all i can say its still going strong and if it should ever fail... i will definitely ask hennessy for another!

great bit of kit!

Hammock
    Warrior Edge UL - LSoH
    Tarp
    'Razor' Hex - LSoH
    Insulation
    LSoH Toaster TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Various
    Wow. Truly an adventure. Living vicariously through you. Nice update!

Images
    Ok, you win for the best long term test of a hammock I think. I have a deep jungle as well. Love it.

Hammock
    WB BB 1.7DL
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    0º Toaster Down UQ
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Now that is quite the endorsement! This gear update should put to rest anyone's concerns about the durability of a HH.

Cheers

Hammock
    All Hennessy,All Day
    Tarp
    GG12x12,WL OMW
    Insulation
    SuperShelter
    Suspension
    Garda Hitch
    Images
    You were my inspiration for going Hennessey for my hammocks and I definitely value your opinion! It sounds like a great hammock!
    Dale Gribble: I'm thinking, "new hammock." For me, laying and swaying in a hammock is like a steady morphine drip without the risk of renal failure.

Randy : yea but just remember yer roots and where ya come from....you got Hennessy in yer blood son......

Hammock
    hennessy deep jungle xl
    Tarp
    hennessy hex tarp
    Insulation
    roll matt
    Suspension
    karabiner

most flattering reply ever....

Quote Originally Posted by NewtonGT View Post
    You were my inspiration for going Hennessey for my hammocks and I definitely value your opinion! It sounds like a great hammock!
    truely overwhelmed by this comment.... cant believe ive only just noticed you sent it as well!!! so busy with work in ecuador at the moment that i havent been on here in a while.

im really glad you like hennessy and im glad you satisfied!

if you ever want to come and "hangout" in peru, literally, then drop me a line and head on down. would be happy to put you up.

J

Hammock
    All Hennessy,All Day
    Tarp
    GG12x12,WL OMW
    Insulation
    SuperShelter
    Suspension
    Garda Hitch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by trekkingnut View Post
    truely overwhelmed by this comment.... cant believe ive only just noticed you sent it as well!!! so busy with work in ecuador at the moment that i havent been on here in a while.

im really glad you like hennessy and im glad you satisfied!

if you ever want to come and "hangout" in peru, literally, then drop me a line and head on down. would be happy to put you up.

J
    I appreciate the response man! Yea I adopted your garda hitch method years ago as well, you're one the first guys to be putting out videos about hammocks from back in the day. I believe you influenced alot of people with your garda hitch videos. Haha and thank you, if im ever in Peru ill look you up! Its an honor!
    Dale Gribble: I'm thinking, "new hammock." For me, laying and swaying in a hammock is like a steady morphine drip without the risk of renal failure.

Randy : yea but just remember yer roots and where ya come from....you got Hennessy in yer blood son......

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12