Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Images

Smile A Quest for the Perfect Hammock

Hi all! I'm new to the forum. I work for Hammaka Hammocks. We've always manufactured and sold silk parachute nylon hammocks along with our hammock chairs.
    Lately I've been wanting to expand our line of Silk Parachute Nylon Hammocks and Flys, we are hopefully coming out with a jungle hammock soon too.
    If you check us out online at www.hammaka.com you can see that we carry a lot of hammocks and outdoor furniture for the home but we have come up with several portable designs for the hammock chair as well. Our Patented Trailer Hitch Stand and Hammock Chairs are perfect for camping and outdoor recreation and then we also have our patented portable tripod stand.
    Anyway, my reason for joining the forum is to get feedback from you our customer....or future customer. I would like you to describe your perfect camping hammock. What do you like about the hammocks available to you now and what would you like to see improve? I'm working on a new line of Hammocks that is geared towards camping and backpacking and would love any insight that you have on making the perfect backpacking/camping hammock.
    Thanks,
    Adam
    Hammaka MAN

Hammock
    TeeDee Bridge Hammock
    Tarp
    Customized JRB
    Insulation
    Down or IX
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I've seen your hammocks advertised. Never been even remotely wanting to purchase one though because:

Silk and nylon are 2 totally different materials.

How can you have a "silk parachute nylon".

It's either silk or it's nylon.

Unless you have a very special weave combining both.

What would be the advantage of combining both in the weave?

So what is it?? Silk or nylon??????????

Quote Originally Posted by Hammaka Man View Post
    Hi all! I'm new to the forum. I work for Hammaka Hammocks. We've always manufactured and sold silk parachute nylon hammocks along with our hammock chairs.
    Lately I've been wanting to expand our line of Silk Parachute Nylon Hammocks and Flys, we are hopefully coming out with a jungle hammock soon too.
    If you check us out online at www.hammaka.com you can see that we carry a lot of hammocks and outdoor furniture for the home but we have come up with several portable designs for the hammock chair as well. Our Patented Trailer Hitch Stand and Hammock Chairs are perfect for camping and outdoor recreation and then we also have our patented portable tripod stand.
    Anyway, my reason for joining the forum is to get feedback from you our customer....or future customer. I would like you to describe your perfect camping hammock. What do you like about the hammocks available to you now and what would you like to see improve? I'm working on a new line of Hammocks that is geared towards camping and backpacking and would love any insight that you have on making the perfect backpacking/camping hammock.
    Thanks,
    Adam

Hammock
    JRB Bear Mtn. Bridge
    Tarp
    BlackCat/JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    Pad(s)/JRB Quilts
    Images
    "Every day above ground is a good day"

Hammock
    Hammaka HALO SE
    Tarp
    JRB 11X10
    Insulation
    My Poncho Pod
    For what it's worth...

1. Double layer 1.9 Rip Stop...Dark Color...Camo Prefered...
    2. Asym or Asym Fold...
    3. Cinch Buckle Suspension System...
    4. 15', 1" Poly strap in Black...
    5. 11' X 10' Silnylon tarp...
    6. Stuff Sack Included for BOTH hammock and tarp
    7. Offer Snake Skins
    8. Offer Optional Ridge Line...or have a removeable / adjustable RL
    9. Keep the hammock price below $100 or Hammock / Tarp Combo for under $175.
    Last edited by alex30808; 05-02-2008 at 16:32.
    Alex Williams
    Acts 10:13 "Arise Peter, Kill and Eat."
    Job 14:15 "Call upon Me and I shall answer you."
    Williams Custom Calls

Hammock
    Clark North American
    Tarp
    Golite Cave 2 tarp
    Insulation
    Exped downmat 7
    I also am confused...silk is one thing, nylon another...we pay a great deal of attention to detail...I do not find much of that on your website...the chairs are interesting but not the sort of thing I would find useful...it's not easy to design a good camping hammock...it is very different lying in one for a couple of hours on a hot, summer day reading a book and sleeping in one on a windy, cold, wet night or a mosquito infested campground...we expect our hammocks to operate in many conditions...your looks like the basic ENO hammock...even the colors are the same...

Please, I do not mean to be discouraging...we welcome new hammock manufacturers but I fail to see, looking at your website, anything new or special in regards to hammocks...except for the material if it IS silk...

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    Welcome to HF. It's always nice when a company looks to get input from their customers. I'm sure you will get plenty of insight from members here on the forums.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

Premium Quality, Fresh Roasted Coffee
    www.meancatcoffee.com

Hammock
    diy
    Tarp
    diy hex
    Insulation
    diy kaq & down top
    Images
    Now there's a great idea, ask your customers what they want!

low weight--if you're a manufacturer you're competing against people who can just make their own hammocks--I just made one not too long ago that probably weighs half a pound, and cost me all of eighteen bucks. So that's stiff competition.

By the way, the word "parachute" is misspelled "parashute" on your main page... ;o)

Images
    i think its 100% nylon, taffeta i believe, it's silky feeling. i've heard it called that before.

hammocka man, what is the weight per square yard of that stuff?

Hammock
    DIY parallelogram/speer
    Tarp
    guidegear camo 12'
    Insulation
    garlington style
    Suspension
    webbing
    Images
    I second that opinion
    i think its 100% nylon, taffeta i believe, it's silky feeling
    if you check out a byer traveller it claims to be made of such stuff... I liked the feel, but my byer stretch a lot, not sure if the stretch was due to the fabric or the lines tied to it
    "nickels and dimes, yours and mine, did you cash in on your dreams? You don't dream for me no" Third Eye Blind

Hammock
    DIY Speer style
    Tarp
    Hallelujah
    Insulation
    "Sto" Serape & RRG
    Images
    Lightweight, strong, roomy, cheap http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/i...ies/tongue.gif
    dark colors for me, bug net, underside warmth, companion tarp (but it doesn't have to be "integrated"), compressable into a liter bottle, place for glasses, flashlight, etc., light, light, light.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast