Insulation
    20* Phoenix +DIYTQ
    Suspension
    WBBB Stock Straps
    Images

Thumbs up BearPaw Wilderness Designs

Hey all, just wanted to throw this out there:

http://bearpawwd.com/

Just received a nice 9.5x10 sil tarp from here. Everything is made to order; I actually spoke to him on the phone to clarify exactly what I wanted. The price was great, shipping was quick and the finished product looks to be good quality. I set it up today in the woods next to my work, and I can't wait to use it out on the trail.

His store also makes tarp-shelters, bivy's, and tents of the minimalist nature, as well as sells materials to DIY. It's worth the look, check it out!

-Sap
    The perversity of the universe tends towards a maximum. -- O'Toole's Corollary of Finagle's Law

Banned
    Hammock
    Nylon between two trees.
    Tarp
    Simply Light
    Insulation
    enLIGHTened Eqmt.
    Suspension
    Made Some Whoopie!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sappy View Post
    Hey all, just wanted to throw this out there:

http://bearpawwd.com/

Just received a nice 9.5x10 sil tarp from here. Everything is made to order; I actually spoke to him on the phone to clarify exactly what I wanted. The price was great, shipping was quick and the finished product looks to be good quality. I set it up today in the woods next to my work, and I can't wait to use it out on the trail.

His store also makes tarp-shelters, bivy's, and tents of the minimalist nature, as well as sells materials to DIY. It's worth the look, check it out!

-Sap
    Yup, John's a great guy and makes some cool stuff. The only thing better would be more cow bell

BF

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DBL
    Tarp
    BPWD 9x9 RECT
    Insulation
    20* Phoenix +DIYTQ
    Suspension
    WBBB Stock Straps
    Images

Bear Deterrent

I'll see if I can get him to stock some as an "accessory". Might make a good bear deterrent...

-Sap
    The perversity of the universe tends towards a maximum. -- O'Toole's Corollary of Finagle's Law

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DBL
    Tarp
    BPWD 9x9 RECT
    Insulation
    20* Phoenix +DIYTQ
    Suspension
    WBBB Stock Straps
    Images

Thumbs up Tarp Field Test

I just wanted to give an update for this Tarp I received from BPWD, which I tested out this past weekend, and wanted to post some pics as well. It's not much of a review since I didn't get any rain, but the tarp loops were exactly what I wanted, and will serve me well. I set up the tarp in a high and wide configuration, with the front in porch mode because the weather was so fair. It was nice to recline in the hammock and be able to see the rest of camp around me. With the 'wings' folded back, I was able to see the stars at night while lying down, while still blocking the wind coming from the back-side. All in all, a good piece of kit for me, and will give me far better coverage for me in my Hennessy above which I have only ever used the stock diamond tarp.

-Sap
    Last edited by Sappy; 11-29-2011 at 09:12. Reason: images not showing up

• + New Posts