Sweetness… I’m finally hitting the piney woods after 4 months of accounting grind! Heading out near the CT border tomorrow morning and testing out a whole bunch of new gear:

Warbonnet Traveler 1.1 SL – going to be sleeping in this instead of my WBBB which cuts 7 oz off my set up last year

Inov8 Roclite 295 trail runners

Zpacks Blast 26 pack – my first frameless pack. Because I’m bringing a little bit more than I usually bring for testing purposes I’m probably on the edge of this packs weight/comfort carry.

Winter Palace Cuben Tarp – gonna break this baby in

New food testing out for backpacking – Hawkvittles sausage & pasta, Lasagna, Enertia granola and milk, hard salami & cheese

908 Cook Kit – Got the updated version yesterday which on first impressions is so much better than the first version he sent out. Better lid now so I hope that cuts down on the boil time. The new case is so much better and more compact!

Zipka 2 head lamp – less light and I’m putting in a 17.5 mile day the first day (and starting late due to train schedules) so chances are I’m going to be possibly night hiking. At 2.4 ounces it’s not a huge jump in weight and super compact.

Looks to be a GREAT weekend but temps have dropped 5*F so my nights might be pushing the limits of my 3 season gear with lows projected in the low 20*F both nights. What evs I got my montbell down top and bottoms for added support to my sleep system. Holla!

Wonder kilt powers, activate!