Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Hammock
    ENO Double Nest
    Tarp
    Still looking
    Insulation
    KAQ, Speer

HF members on trail

Just got back from Damascus. I had a great time this week with Nest and his friends. They left Deep Gap this morning heading toward Grayson Highlands.

Met Doctori and spent some time with him. He's having a great time and it was great to meet another HF member.

I had dinner with Shiloh early in the week (I can't keep the days straight!) He's making great time and is in great sprits.

I acually spent more time being Trail Mom than hiking, but that's what I was there for! We got Train Wreck and Pearl (new hammock converts) set up with straps and a second trap (thanks Hooch for helping get them going).

I don't know when I've ever seen Nest happier than he is right now. I enjoyed my time on the trail. My first time ever and did 7 miles the first day. I know that's not much, but hey, I'm proud!

Nest, Train Wreck and Pearl are going back to Damascus for Trail Days and spending a day working on the trail in exchange for a ride back up the trail. They are hoping to get the rest of their setup there - ridge line, rings/buckles, etc.

Just wanted to give you guys an update!

Hammock
    Custom 1.7/1.1 WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    DIY SWT
    Insulation
    JRB Nest & DIY RMS
    Suspension
    Whoopee Slings
    Images
    That's great Lost. Keep us posted. You're are link to keeping up with them since Nest and Cannibal aren't keeping their journals up. Speaking of Cannibal, where's he at?
    Stoikurt
    "Work to Live...Don't Live to Work!"

Hammock
    ENO Double Nest
    Tarp
    Still looking
    Insulation
    KAQ, Speer
    I'm not sure where Hooch dropped him off after Hot Springs, but I think it was in Hampton, TN where I picked up/dropped off Nest and his friends.

They made it to Damascus on Tuesday morning. We were shuttled to Deep Gap and went back to Damascus to the car. We checked around before I dropped them back at Deep Gap but they hadn't signed in anywhere we went.

Hooch may be able to give us a better idea, because they may not have started from Hampton.

Nest gave me his SD card, so I will try to do some photo updates to his journal this week, then he will go in with the details. Internet access isn't the best.

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    thanks for the report Lost! glad to hear about all those happy hammockers!
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Hammock
    Camo HH & CC LEX
    Tarp
    HH Hex Fly
    Insulation
    Super Shelter/KAQ
    Suspension
    JRB Tri-Glide Set
    Images
    I live about a mile away from the AT in PA(Boiling Springs/Cumberland County Area). There is a stretch that runs parallel to my favorite creek. My son and I are planning a relaxation station off the Condiguinet Creek for his scout project. He wants to take some hammocks and coolers full of goodies for the thru hikers. Not sure exactly when he wants to do it, but I think it will be early June. If he gets it together, I will be sure to take some photos for the forum.

If any fellow hangers need assistance while your in my neck of the woods, let me know and I will do my best to help you out.

Hammock
    Hennessey Explorer Ultralight
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    Trail magic is at the bottom of a whole lot of good stories. It can be great fun to feed those hikers. I'm was hooked on it after the first time I did it.

Hammock
    Warbonnet El Dorado
    Tarp
    MacCat
    Insulation
    JRB
    Images
    Cannibal & Genuine Draft were going go to Hard Core (the work project) and then yellowblaze up to Pearisburg to catch Yazzie. However, they never actually showed up for the work. Cannibal's brother was in town and was going to drive them, but the directions sheet they were given was pretty confusing; so I'd assume they got lost, said "screw it" and went on to Pearisburg. Of course, they were in possession of a case and a half of Yuengling when last seen, so ...

Anyway, while in Damascus, Cannibal entered an eating contest, and he told me ya'll would get a kick out of the pics. I was going to start a new thread or put them in the gallery, but the forum wouldn't let me, so I'll post the link here and hope they get seen.

Trail Journals

just keep clicking "next."

Hammock
    CLARK NX-200 / Clark NA /Warbonnet
    Tarp
    CLARK NX-200 TARP
    Insulation
    PAD and BAG
    Images
    That's too funny

Hammock
    ENO Double Nest
    Tarp
    Still looking
    Insulation
    KAQ, Speer
    He probable hasn't eaten that much since his 3 AYCE meals at the lodge before hitting the approach trail!

Nest did work the Hard Core along with Pearl and TrainWreck. They are continuing to have a blast!

Hammock
    Warbonnet Black Bird
    Tarp
    BWDD Winterdream
    Insulation
    Speer Snugfit
    Images
    Where are Nest and crew? Shiloh called this weekend from Waynesboro, VA and asked where folks were and I didn't know. Shiloh is more concerned with miles lately. He did 130 miles last week. I'm thinking that Nest is having more fun at this point.
    Bad spellers of the world Untie!

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast