Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Quest
    Insulation
    Warbonnet Wookie
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    It'sa great idea but I'm already hanging at Jones Gap that weekend.

Hope ya'll have a good time.

swampfox
    He is your friend, your companion, your defender... he is your dog. You are his life, his leader, and master. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of that devotion.

Hammock
    1.7 WBBB
    Tarp
    OES MacDeluxe
    Insulation
    3/4 4Seas. Phoenix
    Suspension
    Whoopie, Webbing
    Make sure you stop at the guy's RV near the F-Mart.

That barbecue brisket is off the chain. Mac and cheese, cole slaw, baked beans.

Mm mm mmmmmm
    UQ=Hampon

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Quest
    Insulation
    Warbonnet Wookie
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    Make sure you stop at the guy's RV near the F-Mart.

That barbecue brisket is off the chain. Mac and cheese, cole slaw, baked beans.

Mm mm mmmmmm
    I've heard that before. You just confirmed it.
    He is your friend, your companion, your defender... he is your dog. You are his life, his leader, and master. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of that devotion.

Hammock
    BIAS WW Dbl 1.1
    Tarp
    HG Cuben w/doors
    Insulation
    UGO 40* Zepplin
    Suspension
    Cinch bugs/straps
    Images
    Ok, some housekeeping. The current meet up location is Friday night at the first campsite. Let me make sure, that looks to be the first one not too far from the diversion canal trailhead, correct? My current plan would be to be there before sunset since this my first hike on this trail.

Also, I am thinking of bringing my black lab mix - she's the dog on my avatar and loves to hike. Any issues with that? She does a great job of camp perimeter patrol at night and is pretty good bear repellant, not that I would expect to see any.

Sweeper
    Hiking & Hanging is therapy, and much cheaper than medication in the long run. Carry on.

Proud Member of the "Corps of Insanity" Hiking Group, 2000-2015. Semper Gumby!

Hammock
    WBBB Double 1.7
    Tarp
    Super Fly
    Insulation
    Burrow,Yetti,WInc
    Suspension
    webbing/Dutchclips
    I've been eyeballing this trip but not able to mark it down in pen one way or the other until now. I got drafted to help with my daughters' gymnastics meet that weekend.

Hope ya'll be having a swell time out there Take pics of that area. I'd like to see that section of the trail sometime soon.
    “He doesn't know the meaning of the word fear, but then again he doesn't know the meaning of most words”
    - Bobby Bowden

Hammock
    WB XLC Blackbird double 1.7, NANO 7
    Tarp
    WB Cammo Superfly
    Insulation
    WB Yetti & Mamba
    Suspension
    Adjustable webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by mbcruzin View Post
    Hi my name is mbcruzin and I haven't been in my hammock since early October .

Ok so I started this under another thread but I didn't get a lot of response from it. So Lets change it up a bit.

I present to you the South Carolina Escape the Holidays Hike and Hang Dec 2 - 4. It will be located on the second leg of the moultrie passage. Its about a two mile track in from the trail head off of SC 45.

The tentative plan is Friday Dec 2nd arrive at the camp site whenever (hopefully before dark). Saturday Dec 3rd do some day hiking on the trail towards the lake or what ever floats your boat. Dec 4th break down and leave when you can.

Now to my knowledge there is no fee for camping at this site. Plus I haven't personal been here so I have no idea of accommodations. This was originally going to be a there and back again hike and it still can be (but I truly just need to get out).

If you are interested please leave a reply and we will see what happens.

Mbcruzin, my apologies. I did not get a chance to do the 3 day hike last weekend of the Lake Moultrie Passage as planned.

I decided to stay home and enjoy the company of friends thanksgiving weekend. So I am not going to have any video for you to go by. I will probably hike the passage over the next 2 weekends. So we may see each other on the trail, if you are still going to do your trip. I would suggest, if you have not already to contact Dane Hanna of the Palmetto Conservation Foundation. He is the Coordinator for the Low Country Passages and knows everything about the stretch that you are looking to hike. He is a pretty busy guy, so email and call him are the best results. His Contact Info Is listed below:

Dane Hanna
    [email protected]
    (803) 771-0870

He can tell you what to expect and if there are any alternate routes to take due to trail issues. Just tell him YouTube name XtremeKatfishn sent you!!! Have a great Hike and I will see you on the trail!!!
    If you see me on the trail...DON'T YELL!...DON'T BAIL!... Its just your BOY, Camomeleon!!!

www.camomeleon.com

http://www.youtube.com/user/XtremeKatfishn

Hammock
    BIAS XL Camper, ENO DN
    Tarp
    12x10 WL tarp
    Insulation
    Junebug quilts
    Suspension
    WS, TH, ET
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by XtremeKatfishn View Post
    Mbcruzin, my apologies. I did not get a chance to do the 3 day hike last weekend of the Lake Moultrie Passage as planned.

I decided to stay home and enjoy the company of friends thanksgiving weekend. So I am not going to have any video for you to go by. I will probably hike the passage over the next 2 weekends. So we may see each other on the trail, if you are still going to do your trip. I would suggest, if you have not already to contact Dane Hanna of the Palmetto Conservation Foundation. He is the Coordinator for the Low Country Passages and knows everything about the stretch that you are looking to hike. He is a pretty busy guy, so email and call him are the best results. His Contact Info Is listed below:

Dane Hanna
    [email protected]
    (803) 771-0870

He can tell you what to expect and if there are any alternate routes to take due to trail issues. Just tell him YouTube name XtremeKatfishn sent you!!! Have a great Hike and I will see you on the trail!!!
    Not a problem bro. I'll have to give Dane a call to see whats up with the trail. Do you think you could join us this weekend on leg 2 of the passage? I'm still looking to put some miles on my boots this weekend.
    Life looks better from a BIAS hammock.

Hammock
    WB XLC Blackbird double 1.7, NANO 7
    Tarp
    WB Cammo Superfly
    Insulation
    WB Yetti & Mamba
    Suspension
    Adjustable webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by mbcruzin View Post
    Not a problem bro. I'll have to give Dane a call to see whats up with the trail. Do you think you could join us this weekend on leg 2 of the passage? I'm still looking to put some miles on my boots this weekend.
    Give me the exact plan that you have for this weekend, if it is finalized. I have an idea but looking at the thread, it seems to have moved around a bit. I may be able to join you guys Saturday for a hang, depending on where it will be on the trail. Also, who and how many will be in the group?
    If you see me on the trail...DON'T YELL!...DON'T BAIL!... Its just your BOY, Camomeleon!!!

www.camomeleon.com

http://www.youtube.com/user/XtremeKatfishn

Is this still going to happen? I was planning on joining you for the trip. Just got my 0 degree bag from ohio and wanted to try it out in the hammock. Also purchased a new pack i would like to break in. So i was planning on an overnight this weekend no matter what but would def like to get some hiking in as well. Let me know man. I have been on the passage before, i am going to try to do the palmetto trail in sections.

Hammock
    BIAS WW Dbl 1.1
    Tarp
    HG Cuben w/doors
    Insulation
    UGO 40* Zepplin
    Suspension
    Cinch bugs/straps
    Images
    Gents - I am now 50/50 on this one - I wound up in the hospital with a severely infected lymph node this past weekend, just got released yesterday. While I'm on the mend, I have to make sure that I don't push it, so it will be day-to-day for me right now. I'm kind of like nomadjeff - I bought a new 20 degree Incubator last month and haven't had a chance to test it out yet. I'll keep everyone in the loop.

Sweeper
    Hiking & Hanging is therapy, and much cheaper than medication in the long run. Carry on.

Proud Member of the "Corps of Insanity" Hiking Group, 2000-2015. Semper Gumby!

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast