WBBB 1.1 DL/DIY Gathered End
    Tarp
    MadCat Deluxe/ DIY
    Insulation
    JRB Hdson/Incubatr
    Suspension
    DynaGlide Whoopies
    Images
    Fantastic mini series Monkey and also as far as Adam & Jenny that us why they are the best!

Hammock
    DIY Gathered End
    Tarp
    DIY Asym
    Insulation
    DIY Modular Quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH
    Images
    Wow...I've never even heard of a gear maker that devoted to their customers. 11 hours? Man. I know who's getting my money when I finally upgrade to cuben.

Glad to see that Gear Slug made it out, and that the tree that Fronked you got its due .

I'm surprised that the twigs you had were that dry, considering the amount of water on the ground in the rest of the video. Good choice of tinder, and I'm sure it wasn't easy to find.

Looking forward to the fourth installment of the tetrology. (It is just four videos, right? Or am I going to be doomed to needing my WM fix with my coffee for the rest of my life? I mean, caffeine addiction's bad enough by itself...)

Hammock
    WBBB/TR, DIY, HH, SB DL, GT UL
    Tarp
    ID/OES/WB/WL
    Insulation
    HG/WB/Go-Lite/WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Straps/DW
    Images
    Haven't yet seen the video but I did catch a quick glimpse of Adam and his machine. Absolutely insane service - the stuff of woodlore and backpacking legend (Where were you when...?!!). Fantastic stuff. Glad to see that it look like you stayed on the trail Water Monkey. Will be watching it in its entirety in the next few.
    The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering. - St. Augustine

Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet.
    - Bob Marley

Hammock
    1.1 Blackbird or Traveler SL
    Tarp
    OES Deluxe Cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti - all seasons
    Suspension
    Dynaglide Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SoundMan View Post
    I think you have the best "pit crew" in the business!
    thanks for the update.
    Roger that!

Quote Originally Posted by Fronkey View Post
    Hahaha You're such a butthead. haha That part really had me laughing. Man, I am never going to live that one down.

Fronkey the fronked.
    You knew it was comming. And if you didn't I'm insulted!! Besides I knew you could laugh at it now I actually watched the top of one tree Fronk itself on day one which got me thinking of making that part.

Quote Originally Posted by lazy river road View Post
    Awesome series so far Raul. Really enjoying the videos. And the area you get to hike in looks real purtty. What part of NY are you in? And what about that amazing customer service. 11 hr drive. Adam and Jenny never cease to amaze me with their customer service.
    Glad you liked it so far. I was in Wingdale and Pawling NY on the AT. East of the Hudson River. That is the best part of the area. From Morgan Stewart Shelter to Wiley Shelter is good walking. Just not in bug season because it's so marshy and the skeeters will DESTROY you.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottD View Post
    Great video WM!! Just like being with you on the trail. Jenny and Adam...first class all the way. Had you guys ever met before? I think it's neat to see some of the trail legends get together, even if its just for a short time as in your case.
    One comment about GearSlug, it looks like his headlamp was the size of a motorcycle battery...it looked huge.
    Bring on Part 4, I need to see the 908 cook kit test.
    I'm no legend lol an idiot totally but no legend.

Adam and Jenny are gangsta. If I had a Water Monkey Gangsta of the Year award sticker I would have totally handed it out right then and there!

Gear Slug's head gear.... well you know how he got his name now!

Do you have a camera in my house???? You watching me cut videos???? Good call on the cook kit!

Quote Originally Posted by packeagle View Post
    Great video, I'm baffled about the tarp repair. How in the apparent timeline you were able to get in contact with them and then have them drive 11 hours to repair your tarp. You must have made a midnight call, must have.
    I had made a post around 7-8pm here saying I was probably bailing due to tarp malfunction. Stormcrow contacted me directly and we talked on the phone. I was fighting him the whole time not to come. He pulled his ace early in the conversation saying, "well maybe I just want to hike the trail with you." I had nothing to say after that. Wished they could have stayed the night. Gear Slug and I would have totally entertained them. When we get together we are a silly pair.

Quote Originally Posted by Catavarie View Post
    And that is the reason why, even if you don't need any new gear you should still buy from Hammock Gear, that was absolutely amazing of Adam and Jenny to make an 11 hour drive for a 5 minute repair.
    Totally awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by stormcrow View Post
    Probably more nuts than amazing really.

I knew Raul was having a horrible start to his long awaited trip and when I saw that the pullout came undone...I automatically knew what had happened. I use double sided tape to add strength the the tie-outs but mostly just to line them up (think sandwiching the cuben fiber with nylon grossgrain). Anyway, I probably got interrupted right when I finished taping one that was ready to sew...when I came back, I just went to the next tie-out. (I bow my head in shame for such a rookie mistake). So, the trusty Pfaff did the trick. Did you see how slow i was going? I am not used to that machine anymore (I use a Juki) and it also kept blowing the circuit on the little inverter I was using...good times!

Also, I had never met Water Monkey he just like you would think he would be from his videos. A great guy!... and more than just a little off his rocker. Also, I was due for a grooming...(that was a little awkward...lol)

Seriously though, it was not so bad. I had some time to spend with my lovely better half without the constant barrage of interruptions that are so near and dear to our hearts. I could not have made the drive without her. Plus I got to make some Whoopie Slings and play lots of Angry Birds!

~Stormcrow
    I am looney that is no lie. You my friend are equally insane. Both you and your wife are the coolest people I've ever met. Wished you could have stayed longer so Gear Slug and I could have showed our appreciation by putting on an idiot show for you. The offer is still on the table if you and your wife want to walk some really nice vista views here in NY one day. A good 4 day hike to see what NY really has to offer. That one spot you saw is not even close to the views.

Quote Originally Posted by BlazeAway View Post
    03:20 into the video. My question is why you don’t do freezer bag cooking? Would save you all the hassles with cleaning your cook gear.

As for the Stormcrows. Awesome. You guys are just awesome.

15:35 into the video. Stop bitching. Have a look at my face.

And Raul.
    You rock.
    Thanks for sharing.
    See part 4 for my clean up procedures. I try not to bring that much plastic into my hikes which are disposable.

And no sir, you ROCK!

Quote Originally Posted by Redoleary View Post
    Just watched the trilogy this morning and enjoyed the whole thing. Adam and Jenny redefine customer service with crazy moves like that! Looking fwd to part 4. Great job.
    One more to go and I ended it properly! Glad you liked it!
    Last edited by Raul Perez; 11-09-2011 at 10:03.
    "If you give a monkey a gun and he shoots someone, you dont blame the monkey"

The end of the world is not coming in December, it is happening now in my living room. - TFC Rick

http://watermonkey.net/

Youtube Channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/RaulPerez1?feature=mhee

Hammock
    1.1 Blackbird or Traveler SL
    Tarp
    OES Deluxe Cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti - all seasons
    Suspension
    Dynaglide Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by nothermark View Post
    Great all the way around! Thanks!
    Glad you liked it

Quote Originally Posted by smokeeater908 View Post
    Fantastic mini series Monkey and also as far as Adam & Jenny that us why they are the best!
    They party like rock stars!

Quote Originally Posted by FLRider View Post
    Wow...I've never even heard of a gear maker that devoted to their customers. 11 hours? Man. I know who's getting my money when I finally upgrade to cuben.

Glad to see that Gear Slug made it out, and that the tree that Fronked you got its due .

I'm surprised that the twigs you had were that dry, considering the amount of water on the ground in the rest of the video. Good choice of tinder, and I'm sure it wasn't easy to find.

Looking forward to the fourth installment of the tetrology. (It is just four videos, right? Or am I going to be doomed to needing my WM fix with my coffee for the rest of my life? I mean, caffeine addiction's bad enough by itself...)
    Ha only one more. My fiance is getting annoyed that I'm playing on the computer too much.

I'm really good at making fires.... the first night the trail gods decided I needed a lesson to learn though!

Quote Originally Posted by dragon360 View Post
    Haven't yet seen the video but I did catch a quick glimpse of Adam and his machine. Absolutely insane service - the stuff of woodlore and backpacking legend (Where were you when...?!!). Fantastic stuff. Glad to see that it look like you stayed on the trail Water Monkey. Will be watching it in its entirety in the next few.
    It's a good video you wont be disappointed! Part 4 is gonna be a good wrap up.

What they did was EPIC!
    "If you give a monkey a gun and he shoots someone, you dont blame the monkey"

The end of the world is not coming in December, it is happening now in my living room. - TFC Rick

http://watermonkey.net/

Youtube Channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/RaulPerez1?feature=mhee

Hammock
    Grizz Bridge
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Pinnacle& Greylock
    Suspension
    Whoops
    Awesome series thus far. Can't wait for the next video.

**** that's amazing customer service from HG! Kudo's Stormcrow and Thorwren! If/when I need a new quilt or CF tarp, I know where I'm looking!
    Fun stuff as usual Gangsta Monkey!
    Love the Fronkey moment, among others.

A new word has been added to the HF lexicon: Fronked: v. past tense. To be maliciously attacked by a downed ninja tree, invariably resulting in brutal reacquaintance with Earth's gravity field and with potential for great bodily harm. That @#$%!&# tree fronked me! Oh, my aching leg... <wimper>
    Last edited by BER; 11-09-2011 at 10:58.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DL/HenExpDlx/BMBH/Nano7
    Tarp
    MambaJ/OMW
    Insulation
    WinterNest/Leigh20
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Hammock Gear - AMAZING CUSTOMER SERVICE! If I ever had a question on which way I was going to go on some gear before, it's solved now....

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Hey Stormcrow and Thorwren! Hey Raul.........
    That was .......awesome)))))))
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast