Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Sig 2022 (9mm) in a shoulder holster...perfect for sleeping in my hammock.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 Dbl, Eno
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    20*Pheonix,HGTQ20*
    Suspension
    Straps, whoopies
    Images
    Its the XD .40 for me. Its not the things I can think of its the things I dont think of that makes me carry.
    ________

Beware Plan A can be a little excessive .

no firearms but i do at times carry my cold steel shovel. 26 ounces and razor sharp! Pretty practical. Anybody else have one?

Hammock
    WBBB SL Lefty /Traveler
    Tarp
    Superfly/HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti,0*Phnx,Burrow
    Suspension
    Stuff from Dutch!
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sclittlefield View Post
    Sig Sauer P250 9mm. Where in hammock? I don't know yet, but I've been thinking about it for a while now. I'm really glad this came up.

Safety is more important to me than anything else. So a hammock system that keeps this as top priority is key for me. I guess that means safe point of aim when stored, secure placement that won't allow the firearm to dislodge. Off my person, I find myself switching positions often through the night in a hammock.

I'm thinking a ridgeline holster, keeping point of aim up would be best for me. I also like the idea of a peak bag style, but I would make it just a holster that connects to the peak with an adjustable strap - I bet it would be easy to build a relatively universal holster that could attach either way - peak or ridgeline. I've got some thoughts that I'll have to put to the sewing machine. I'll share any that actually work.
    I agree about safety - but having a weapon pointing at my head from a peak bag doesn't sit well with me. a friend had his pistol under his pillow & it went off.

I carry a 1911 9mm on my hip everyday (one in the chamber w/ hammer back) & it's usually out in the woods with me too. so far I've been putting it in the shelf of the WBBB but since switching to traveler --- the foot end of ridgeline is where I'm thinking it might be going.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowAlpha View Post
    I agree about safety - but having a weapon pointing at my head from a peak bag doesn't sit well with me. a friend had his pistol under his pillow & it went off.

I carry a 1911 9mm on my hip everyday (one in the chamber w/ hammer back) & it's usually out in the woods with me too. so far I've been putting it in the shelf of the WBBB but since switching to traveler --- the foot end of ridgeline is where I'm thinking it might be going.
    @ShadowAlpha, what about a piece of cordage tied to the holster's nose end. secured to the peakbag tieout. That would point the barrel towards the tree and not at your head?

Hammock
    HH Explorer, Exped, WBBB
    Tarp
    WB Edge,MacCat Mic
    Insulation
    Phoenix, Incubator
    Suspension
    Stock
    One could just rivet some hardware to a belt holster and use it on a ridgeline with mini biners. The direction it points is not as important as keeping your digits off the nuke switch. In my motorcycle tank bag my revolver usually points at my crotch, it's no more likely to go off than a steak knife. Would I do that with the hammer back?, no, you have to be smarter than the tool, whether it is a garden rake or a gun.

Hammock
    Hennessy Expedition & WBBB
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by mangus7175 View Post
    Not I...I just bring Chuck Norris along....his stare alone scares off bears and mountain lions.

I have to say, good idea but he's a bit heavy to carry, especially concealed.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.1 dbl/ Traveler 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    Toxaway & Bullfrog
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by Streetgang View Post
    I have to say, good idea but he's a bit heavy to carry, especially concealed.
    No need, Chuck Norris does not need to hike to the destination...the destination comes to him. If it knows what's good for it.

Does anyone know of a trigger holster for say a Sig Sauer like the Mic unit shown for the Glock?

Images
    has anyone had to use their firearm on a camping trip???
    "Tenting is equivalent to a bum crawling into a cardboard box, hammocking is an art" KK

Hammock
    WBBB SL Lefty /Traveler
    Tarp
    Superfly/HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti,0*Phnx,Burrow
    Suspension
    Stuff from Dutch!
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by OutandBack View Post
    @ShadowAlpha, what about a piece of cordage tied to the holster's nose end. secured to the peakbag tieout. That would point the barrel towards the tree and not at your head?
    Thx O&B - Don't really need a peak bag. I think I can add a small loop of zing-it to nose end of holster. then prussic a piece of zing-it on RL head end with mitten hook on end. Then clip mitten hook to loop of line on holster

• + New Posts
  • Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast