Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 LastLast
    I like my Speer hammock; while it is very functional, it’s pretty bare bones and has no pocket, hence the discussion. Of course, part of all this is grounded in the idea of immediate need and I think there may be on another thread on that subject (”There I was…”). We all realize how important it is to be ready for the apocalyptic, end of the world, commie take over, mass zombie grizzly bear attack that the Mayans and local PTA groups are prophesying.

Hammock
    WWM or tablecloth
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    shamu 40*
    Suspension
    UCR whoopie
    Images
    I carry a glock 19 Aiwb carry in a custom kydex rig... I just sleep with it on... I wear it all the time so its no big deal to crawl in the hammock and crash out with it on...

Mine rides like this... Belt buckle is center line in this picture..
    Last edited by Brute1100; 06-14-2012 at 05:44.
    Live, Laugh, Love, if that doesn't work. Load, Aim and Fire, repeat as necessary...

Buy, Try, Learn, Repeat

Hammock
    DIY 11 footers
    Tarp
    Chinook
    Insulation
    AHE and GoLite
    Suspension
    Webbing cinch
    Images
    I second the motion for the Safepacker. I have had mine for years, it's a great way to carry. I appreciate being able to pick it up, put it over my shoulder, on my belt, seatbelt, pack waist-belt, and never having to actually touch the firearm itself. It's all about being safe with it.

Out in the wilderness it's great because you can get down and crawl knowing that your pistol is protected from the elements and nothing can jam it's way into the trigger guard.

As pointed out, it's not as alarming as Open Carry (which I like also), but you can just say it's your man-purse. Just be prepared to lie (or not) when asked what you have in there....Another tidbit is that in some states all that is required to qualify for Open Carry is that you are carrying the pistol in something that is reasonably observed as a holster. Since the Safepacker is built and designed stricly as a holster, some might interpret that to mean that you are Open Carrying, i.e. no license/permit necessary....I"M NOT A LAWYER, THIS IS NOT ADVICE!

Oh yeah, there's also a specific "footbox" (haha) for an extra magazine in the Safepacker.

Quote Originally Posted by 1Armadillo View Post
    I recently found the website for Wilderness Tactical Products, LLC, which sells the SafePacker Concealment Holster. The product is a multiple carry method rectangular pouch with Velcro closures. While I haven’t tried one yet, it appears that the piece that secures the pouch to a carry belt/pack waistband could also be used to secure it to the end of a hammock.
    The SafePacker is a concealed carry holster that apparently allows quick access to a handgun. In addition, it isn’t as politically strident as open carry. My opinion on that is that rapid access concealed carry (for those with proper certification) has the advantage of keeping a gun out of the weather and trail dirt while showing sensitivity to and minimizing objections from those whose choose not to carry a weapon in the wilderness.

Wilderness Tactical Products, LLC website:
    http://www.thewilderness.com/storepi...dex.php?p=home
    Last edited by priller; 06-13-2012 at 11:04.

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    This thread is starting to drift again. Please concentrate your responses on your method of storage in a hammock. This isn't a thread about general concealment, it is specific to firearm storage in a hammock. Let's keep its narrow focus so that the all-too-common arguments about firearms in general do not creep into the thread, which will most likely result in the thread being closed.

Thanks.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DBL
    Tarp
    Camo SF
    Insulation
    Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoope Slings
    For those of you who did not see my idea of a ridge line bag, that is open in the middle, is a possibility to store a firearm. Look up my past post a few days back at ridge line bag.

Hammock
    DIY 11 footers
    Tarp
    Chinook
    Insulation
    AHE and GoLite
    Suspension
    Webbing cinch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post
    This thread is starting to drift again. Please concentrate your responses on your method of storage in a hammock. This isn't a thread about general concealment, it is specific to firearm storage in a hammock. Let's keep its narrow focus so that the all-too-common arguments about firearms in general do not creep into the thread, which will most likely result in the thread being closed.

Thanks.
    Copy that.

The Safepacker has great little d-rings for clips, just clip it right to your ridgeline and call it a night...maybe put a glow cord or something on it to find it easily at night.

Quote Originally Posted by priller View Post
    Copy that.

The Safepacker has great little d-rings for clips, just clip it right to your ridgeline and call it a night...maybe put a glow cord or something on it to find it easily at night.
    I'm not sure I know how to get my ridge line tight enough to support something like a Glock Model 20 or a large caliber Ruger revolver.

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    A 2 pound gun shouldn't really pull on the ridgeline very hard at all. I've hung my Benelli Nova with extended mag tube and fully loaded from my ridgeline. It hung fairly low, but also weighs A LOT more than any handgun I've held. I know I've had 2 pounds hanging from my ridgelines on more than one occasion and never had an issue, other than bumping my head when I forget there is something hanging from the RL.
    Trust nobody!

Images
    maybe put a glow cord or something on it to find it easily at night.
    I bought some of Wiggy's perpetual lights recently and they are really cool. The handgun glow pad (for home use obviously) I thought was pretty neat, ecpecially inside a drawer. I have the large glow stick and mini glow pad for the hammock and they're quite handy. Actually works as decribed too.
    (Sorry for going off topic)
    http://wiggys.com/moreinfo.cfm?Product_ID=262

Hammock
    Dutchware PolyD
    Tarp
    DIY or AHE Toxaway
    Insulation
    Varies
    Suspension
    Web/Whoopie
    1911 in a fanny pack rig. Hangs in the peak area. Reach up. Pull down. Ready to go. And I follow the John Wayne rules of engagement.

• + New Posts
  • Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 LastLast