Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1927282930 LastLast
    Hammock
    Homemade
    Tarp
    Homemade
    Suspension
    Readystraps
    I dunno. There just something about hanging a loaded gun over my head that doesn't really thrill me. I'll stick with my holster in the hammock side pocket thanks.
    And! It's not as obvious there.

Hammock
    wbbb 1.7 dbl /traveler 1.7 dbl
    Tarp
    camo superfly/ BMJ
    Insulation
    HG down
    Suspension
    straps/whoopies
    a 1911. I modified the holster to act like a peak holster! Muzzel up. Safe and snug and with in reach.
    I would rather have it and not need it than not have it and need it.

Hammock
    hh expedition 2.5, snap-on edition
    Tarp
    Hm space blanket
    Insulation
    3/4L scored pad
    Suspension
    tree huggers
    I don't usually carry but when hunting i carry a .45 long colt unknown manufacturer. i clip my holster to the suspension at the head end.
    awwwww yeeaaah!!!

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1, SB 1.9 SL
    Tarp
    BMJ, Custom Deluxe
    Insulation
    HG 3S Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing, Whoopies
    Hillpeople Gear Kit Bag is my choice in a hammock and the outdoors in general.

It's a handy little carryall for possibles, is comfortable to sleep in, and offers extremely fast access.

http://hillpeoplegear.com/

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    Custom OES tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    As Cannibal said just a few posts back, please keep it on topic:
    Please concentrate your responses on your method of storage in a hammock. This isn't a thread about general ..., it is specific to firearm storage in a hammock. Let's keep its narrow focus so that the all-too-common arguments about firearms in general do not creep into the thread, which will most likely result in the thread being closed.

"Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessities."
    - Mark Twain
    “I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.”
    - John Burroughs

Hammock
    WWM or tablecloth
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    shamu 40*
    Suspension
    UCR whoopie
    Images
    You carry the gun because you may have to use it, so where ever you store it you need to be able to find it quickly in a dark panicy half awake state... If you store it in the shelf, what happens when you get out to pee and you walk your 100 feet from camp and you find something you need to shoot... Same thing for me and the ridgeline storage... Your likely to walk away from it and that's when you would need it... I'm not telling you how to do it, just saying think through it all... I'm not bashing anyone, just trying to bring a gun nuts point of view here... If you have thought through and have come to the conclusion that ridgeline is best for you, I'm proud of you for making a decision... But know why you made the decision...
    Last edited by Cannibal; 06-14-2012 at 08:22. Reason: Removed Off-Topic
    Live, Laugh, Love, if that doesn't work. Load, Aim and Fire, repeat as necessary...

Buy, Try, Learn, Repeat

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    Custom OES tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Any more pro or anti gun comments will get this thread closed. Please keep it on topic. It's about storage of firearms when you are in the hammock. Period.

"Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessities."
    - Mark Twain
    “I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.”
    - John Burroughs

Hammock
    HH EXPLORER DELUXE
    Tarp
    MAC CAT Standard
    Insulation
    HHSS
    Suspension
    HH STANDARD
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Armadillo View Post
    I see the utility of the MIC holster for concealed carry and understand how it could be used with a hammock. I think I’ve seen these before and really like the idea (thanks for bringing them to mind), however, I’m having trouble seeing how they would be carried for quick access while backpacking.
    I personally carry two firearms on me, one in the pack (glock 19) and one in a cargo pocket (ruger LCP). I keep the LCP in my cargo pocket, while moving, and the glock 19 hanging in the hammock with me at night.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    WBBB MJ
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Dutch Buck
    I have just recently begun hammock camping specifically, however, whenever camping (in general) I carry an M&P .40. I just had my first overnight hang last weekend in a Warbonnet 1.1 DL (which was amazing by the way!). The "shelf" would definitely be ideal in this hammock for a pistol. If you don't have a Warbonnet with a shelf, Im sure something could be rigged on the ridgeline to accomplish the same thing.

If in very primitive (potentially dangerous wildlife) areas, an M1A Scout can also be found near my person. Obviously that wouldn't go in the hammock with me. I would probably keep it in a weatherproof case underneath the hammock with my pack.

Hammock
    ENO DN
    Tarp
    Etowah Outfitters
    Insulation
    Insulation?
    Suspension
    whoopies & MSH
    Quote Originally Posted by RockChucker30 View Post
    Hillpeople Gear Kit Bag is my choice in a hammock and the outdoors in general.

It's a handy little carryall for possibles, is comfortable to sleep in, and offers extremely fast access.

http://hillpeoplegear.com/
    You beat me to it. I thought this would be a great storage solution because of the way the bag is made with mesh back and all. No big buckles or straps to poke.
    BTW, is that the regular kit bag or the runner's kit bag? Been thinking of getting one and hammock firearm storage is another reason to justify "NEED"!

I also think this may just be the BEST hammock storage solution yet. Comfortable, keeps it safe, out of sight yet quickly accessible and goes with you if "nature calls" in the middle of the night.

• + New Posts
  • Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1927282930 LastLast