DIY,WBBB,DutchBridge
    Tarp
    Cuben,Superfly
    Insulation
    Quilts :P
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Gout View Post
    the only thing i worry about in the piney woods is bears and a handgun (unless it's a .357 or a 44 mag) will do nothing to stop a 400lbs black bear .. Much respect but that is a common misconception... Lcp in the shelf of my b.b. Glock 19 sits on my pack next to me..
    it's not a common misconception a 9mm round is not a good round for large game ... unless it's a well placed shot that bear is going to keep coming... i seen bear run a few hundred yards after being shot with a high power rifle...
    the smallest round that is most affective is the .44 mag .... there are many great websites on this subject and rather not hold up the OP thread
    It puts the Underquilt on it's hammock ... It does this whenever it gets cold

Hammock
    HH Explorer, Exped, WBBB
    Tarp
    WB Edge,MacCat Mic
    Insulation
    Phoenix, Incubator
    Suspension
    Stock
    Here is the bag, and the pattern.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Hammock
    Wbbb 1.1dbl.- Traveler multicam 1.9
    Tarp
    H.G. Cuben camo
    Insulation
    Phinc-burrow- H.R.
    Sorry for the misunderstand GLP.. Usually a handgun is used as a noise factor to scare off nosey critters..wasn't advocating hunting bear with a 9mm.. However I can tell you with great confidence my 16 rounds will indeed turn a bear getting nasty with me..In your worst case scenario I would just save the last round for me... Ok....sorry to side track the thread..
    We would be one step closer to world peace, if everyone slept in a hammock..

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Please focus on the storage aspect of the OP's question.
    Continued deviance from the hammock-centric topic will only result in this thread being closed.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    ENO DoubleNest
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 12
    Insulation
    DIY underquilt
    Suspension
    Tree straps & CRL
    When I carry, I slip the weapon in between my hammock and my UQ. I can always tell where it is without suffering the discomfort of placing it in the hammock with me. It is easy and quick enough to get to, it points in a safe direction, and it remains hidden per CCL requirements.

Hammock
    Warbonnets, ENO, Claytor
    Tarp
    Maccats
    Insulation
    JRB, HG
    Suspension
    straps & buckles
    45 holstered, and on person close to where it rides when clothed. I don't like anything too heavy in the shelf if using a BB, & prefer muzzle direction to be as controlled as possible.

Hammock
    HH Expedition
    Tarp
    HH
    Insulation
    KA Potomac UQ
    Suspension
    1" webbing
    Do most Hammock hikers out there carry a firearm as protection?? If so, what caliber and where do you stow it when in the hammock
    This subject has been on my mind for the last couple of months.We don't have the privilidge of CCW, so I bought this(Hiker .410) to carry on my KLR. I hope to do some "remote' hanging next summer and this will be with me. It would be nice to have in the hammock with me, but that is going to be a problem. I'm thinking maybe hang horizontaly on the ridge-line in the foot area. I got an HH, with bottome entry, so even that will be in the road probably. Probably have to go externally, maybe hung from tarp line. Anybody else carry something like this? Got any ideas?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by easyriver View Post
    Anybody else carry something like this? Got any ideas?
    I've often thought about making a rifle sleeve like what the cowboys used to carry their 30-30 lever guns in while on horseback. A couple of small loops to hang it from the ridgeline and you'd have quick access to the rifle. If I was a hunter, I'd probably think more about it.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    Camo Clark NX 250
    Tarp
    Custom Smokehouse

I dont have a CCW so it is open carry. Assuming I don't get my clark, anyone got ideas?
    Rules to live by:The Wizards Rules
    Anything can be solved by the proper application of High Explosives. Or a shot of whiskey...
    Meaning of the EOD Badge
    Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) is a science of vague assumptions based on debatable figures derived from inconclusive experiments, performed by persons of doubtful mental capability with instruments of problematic accuracy.

Hammock
    Hennessy Expedition & WBBB
    Suspension
    whoopies
    I've installed a velcro patch on the side of my HH just below the mosquito net. I have a lightweight blackhawk IWB holster for my CZ-82 that has a velcro patch on it. At night I can take my holster and velcro it right exactly where I want it if need be. Honestly, I'm new to hammock life and have not put it into use in the field yet but I carry 100% of the time when not in the PROM even when backpacking.

• + New Posts
  • Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast