Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: loose threads

loose threads

I'm happy with my Clark NA for being comfortable but ? craftsmanship. may be they could pay a little more attention to detail. Loose threads and ends of knots not clipped off and forgot to sew one of the interior pockets completely on! I hpoe this thing can keep up on the trail or I'm sending it BACK. I'll try and post some pics later.

Hammock
    CLARK NX-200 / Clark NA /Warbonnet
    Tarp
    CLARK NX-200 TARP
    Insulation
    PAD and BAG
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by montana View Post
    I'm happy with my Clark NA for being comfortable but ? craftsmanship. may be they could pay a little more attention to detail. Loose threads and ends of knots not clipped off and forgot to sew one of the interior pockets completely on! I hpoe this thing can keep up on the trail or I'm sending it BACK. I'll try and post some pics later.
    I think that everyone has problems with thread being left unclipped I just took a liter to mine and burned them short. I think that once someone lays in them they tighten up. I have had mine for almost a year now and have put mine through HELL and it is still holding on as it was the first day I got it. I also have the NEW NX-200 and I have been doing the same thing with it.

Hope you find that you like yours

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    I see unclipped threads on a lot of stuff. From a DIY point of view, I try and clip and burn all my threads but sometimes you just miss a few. When you are in the heat of sewing a project sometimes things like that get missed.

Now if they didn't sew the pocket completely on, that's another story. I'm sure things like that happen from time to time while. You may ask for an exchange if it bothers you.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

Premium Quality, Fresh Roasted Coffee
    www.meancatcoffee.com

just thought it was hacky from a carpenters poit of view- some thing left undone.

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    JRB Quilts Top/Btm
    Suspension
    Whoo-Pie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cavediver2 View Post
    I think that everyone has problems with thread being left unclipped I just took a liter to mine and burned them short. I think that once someone lays in them they tighten up. I have had mine for almost a year now and have put mine through HELL and it is still holding on as it was the first day I got it. I also have the NEW NX-200 and I have been doing the same thing with it.

Hope you find that you like yours
    +1 on the lighter deal. Used a lighter to get rid of all the fuzzies around my zippers but other than that she was a tight ship outta the box. I also have th UL so no inside pockets for me. Yet!!!!

Senior Member leepingreenlizards's Avatar
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by montana View Post
    just thought it was hacky from a carpenters poit of view- some thing left undone.
    Contact Gary and discuss this as well as your dissatisfaction with the overall workmanship. Gary's good people and I'm sure he'd want to make it right so that you'll be satisfied. Don't just burn this or repair it youself, this really needs to be brought to his attention!!!

Blessings!

Images
    I noticed the same thing with a lot of loose threads in the clark I returned (because of its size.)

At $300 or more I expect the manfucturer to take care of that stuff. I shouldn't have to get a lighter to complete the job unless I'm on the payroll.

Clark needs to pay more attention to quality control if the loose end threads has become epidemic with their hammocks.

Hammock
    CLARK NX-200 / Clark NA /Warbonnet
    Tarp
    CLARK NX-200 TARP
    Insulation
    PAD and BAG
    Images
    This was not really an issue for me like I said in my post before

Hell I have a 1000.00 suit that had/has lose threads tho not many
    but I believe that the craftsmanship was done fine and like others have
    said if you think something is not right call Gary or Spencer.

They will do there best to fix it and go out of there way to help in any way
    they can.

Senior Member leepingreenlizards's Avatar
    Images
    Yeah, calling is the best thing to do. If no one calls when there is a problem, they'll never know and the problem continues. Its to your benifit and you can believe that they'll make it right.

Blessings!

Hammock
    Hammock gear
    Tarp
    Dyneema Hammock ge
    Insulation
    Down top and botto
    Suspension
    Hammock gear
    Images
    For the one day I had a Clark I was also amazed at the poor workmanship in places. The thing that really caused me to send it back was when I called and asked about the holes I found in the tarp. I could hold it up to the light and see hundreds of holes where the stitches were. I asked if it needed seam sealed and he said NO. I told him I could see light around the needle holes but he was adamant that it would not leak. I didn't test it because I wanted it to be pristine when I sent it back the same day, but I think it would have leaked plenty. Also many loose threads. It's still a really nice hammock, just not for me. mule
    Predictions are risky, especially when it comes to the future.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast