Tarp
    HG WP,WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopies&DutchGear
    Images

DIY: My daughter's first hammock

So here it is! My daughter's first hammock. Thank you to all of those who provided input and helped me in the process.

The supplies were gathered at Jo Ann's and the suspension is the WB webbing suspension off of my WBBB. I am upgrading my WBBB to whoopies. The SRL is zing-it and the funny loop in the middle is an alpine butterfly knot. THat is in there to take up some room as I fiddle with the RL length. The UQ is my version of a FrankeinQuilt that I made from a sleeping bag. It is about 1/2 length for me, but it make a great full length UQ for her. The UQ is a little big width wise, so it sags, but I will fix that later. And, I made her the hat as well from a pattern that I found here on HF. The zebra stripes matches some of her mom's winter gear. Let me know what you guys think.
    _MG_4450.jpg

_MG_4453.jpg

_MG_4454.jpg

_MG_4455.jpg

_MG_4458.jpg

_MG_4459.jpg

Hammock
    PolyD
    Tarp
    OES MacCat ultra
    Insulation
    New River KAQ
    Suspension
    Speed Hooks
    Images

Thumbs up

Oh my word how cool is that? You are COOLdad. That whole setup is just... Wow.
    Now can get rid of the bed and have more room to play.
    Tortoise never for a moment stopped, but went on with a slow but steady pace straight to the end of the course.
    Translated by George Fyler Townsend. Aesop's Fables (p. 18). Amazon Digital Services, Inc..

Hammock
    WBBB,WBRR,DIY
    Tarp
    HG WP,WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopies&DutchGear
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Triggerhpy View Post
    Oh my word how cool is that? You are COOLdad. That whole setup is just... Wow.
    Now can get rid of the bed and have more room to play.
    Thank you very much. My wife thinks that I am completely nuts, but my daughter loves it. My does admit that it is cute...

Hammock
    Clark NX-200
    Tarp
    Clark XL-Fly
    Insulation
    KAQ NR UQ/AHE KAQ
    Suspension
    Strap/cinch buckle
    That is just too cute for words. She looks like she is having a great time and you are a wonderful father for introducing her to it at such a young age. My daughter has gotten rid of her bed and had me make her a hammock stand that she and one of her friends can sleep in her hammocks, they are bunk style on the stand.
    Par Si Vis Pace Para Bellum

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    AHE/WL/DiY
    Suspension
    straps and stuff
    +1 on the great dad accolade. She's lucky you're investing the time and energy into her little life. One day she will look at those pictures with great fondness--just as you look at them now. Great work, Dad!

Hammock
    WBBB,WBRR,DIY
    Tarp
    HG WP,WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopies&DutchGear
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbamaguy View Post
    That is just too cute for words. She looks like she is having a great time and you are a wonderful father for introducing her to it at such a young age. My daughter has gotten rid of her bed and had me make her a hammock stand that she and one of her friends can sleep in her hammocks, they are bunk style on the stand.
    Thank you. When she gets a little bit older, if she wants me to, I will do the same and make her a stand for her hammock instead of her bed. The trick will be convincing mom that it is okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Les Rust View Post
    +1 on the great dad accolade. She's lucky you're investing the time and energy into her little life. One day she will look at those pictures with great fondness--just as you look at them now. Great work, Dad!
    Thank you. I hope she does. I sure like looking at them now, but better than looking at them is being there with her and spending time together.

Hammock
    diy HH
    Tarp
    10' x 8' diy cat
    Insulation
    Full down UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies w/ straps
    One of my next projects. I have one two of mine hung in my sons bunk bed for him and my daughter. . my wife thinks it's cool though lol. I have to make it easy for them to watch tv from them though lol.

Hammock
    Ridge Outdoor Gear Pinnacle 360
    Tarp
    UGQ Rect. and HHex
    Insulation
    DIY CDT/synth sets
    Suspension
    Straps/Speed Hooks
    Images
    This is too cute. My 3 kids, all under 11 want a hammock. Seems like a perfect Christmas gift.
    You did an awesome job with the package. Now you know every year the little one grows like a weed and you will have to make a new hang. We will all have many multiple size hammocks in 10 years or so.
    Enjoy and have fun with your family, before they have fun without you

Hammock
    WBBB,WBRR,DIY
    Tarp
    HG WP,WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopies&DutchGear
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by streamline View Post
    One of my next projects. I have one two of mine hung in my sons bunk bed for him and my daughter. . my wife thinks it's cool though lol. I have to make it easy for them to watch tv from them though lol.
    It is a pretty easy project. And, if your little ones are little, it doesn't take too many supplies to finish it either! Good luck and happy hanging.

Quote Originally Posted by Floridahanger View Post
    This is too cute. My 3 kids, all under 11 want a hammock. Seems like a perfect Christmas gift.
    You did an awesome job with the package. Now you know every year the little one grows like a weed and you will have to make a new hang. We will all have many multiple size hammocks in 10 years or so.
    Thank you. I was thinking about giving her this at Christmas, but I couldn't wait! Besides, she is too little to winter hang, so she might as well try it out now before it gets too cold for her. I also sized it just right to hang from corner to corner in her crib! She likes it there as well, but not as much, there is not enough room for her to swing.
    On the plus side, as she out grows the smaller hammocks, I will have plenty of gear hammock size hammock to do with as I please.

Hammock
    DIY Claytor, WL Snipe
    Tarp
    DIY OGEE,WL BD
    Insulation
    Jarbridge UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Images
    Nice job...my daughter is fascinated by ridgeline as well...
    I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.
    Henry David Thoreau

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast