Tarp
    Equinox UL
    Insulation
    CCF / Quilt
    Suspension
    Ring Bucklez

I'd love to trade this pack I made...

Hey, that rhymes.

There's nothing wrong with this pack. I'm proud of it, and I feel like I did a good job. BUT...

I'm not an experienced hiker, but I am a poor hiker. And I know how to sew. I thought it would be great to try to make myself a pack since most frameless packs seem very expensive to me. I got the G4 kit from Quest Outfitters and made it verbatim to the instructions. After a couple of uncomfortable uses, I realized that my problems stemmed from the fact that my gear, even all uncompressed and loosely stuffed, did not provide enough stuffing for this big ol' sack. And I didn't like that there is no compression system. It's just too big for me. I'm also not crazy about GG's pad pocket system.

I don't really want to sell it, but if you want to give me cash make an offer. What I'd really like is for someone else who has a frameless pack they don't like to make a trade. I want something with no more than 3000 ci in the main pocket. I'm saving up for either a Golite Jam or some fabric to make another design I've cooked up. Not sure which yet.

tl;dr: The pack conforms to GG's size Large. I'll send it with the blue torso-length CCF pad if you want it, but it's in pretty rough shape. I didn't trim any of the straps. There is a grosgrain sternum strap with a whistle buckle, and thumb loops. There is no padding in the shoulder straps or waistbelt. Used twice, in good shape. 13oz. One repaired seam on one of the side pockets, courtesy of a twig on a tree somewhere in Maryland. Make a cash offer, but I'd prefer another frameless pack in exchange, even if homemade. Edit: I just reviewed the rules, and I'm to post a price. While I really just want to trade, I suppose I'll take $50 OBO. That pays for materials plus effort, and it's half the price of a new one from GG... I don't have much horse sense, but I'm guessing that's fair.

Last edited by SoftServe; 11-12-2011 at 14:58. Reason: Reviewed the rules.

Hammock
    GTs & DIYs
    Tarp
    Noah12'/Etowah10'
    Insulation
    DIY UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies & Dutch
    Thats a good looking pack... if someone else doesn't come up with something for you in a day or two I may have to jump on it.

Hammock
    GT Single
    Tarp
    Equinox UL
    Insulation
    CCF / Quilt
    Suspension
    Ring Bucklez
    Bump.

I've had one offer to buy the pack. If nobody offers a trade by say, Friday, I'm going to take the offer.

Thanks for the interest!

• + New Posts