Images

JRB MW3 "short" on a GrizzBridge

So thought I would try this combo, my new JRB convertible, "torso" only, on the GrizzBridge. Gotta love that GrizzBridge, and this looks like a good lightweight way to insulate it.

It was, understandably, much harder to set up just right than just hanging this thing onto a JRB Bridge. Hanging the full length on the JRB is WAY easier and even hanging this torso part on the JRB was easier than on this GrizzBridge. Makes sense, because the JRB has loops on it meant for JRB quilts, so it is close to a custom attachment. Hanging this quilt, like all quilts, onto various size and types of hammocks other than it's own brand, can require some fiddle time. Mostly little problems to solve having to do with suspension and correct tensioning.

Sense I had already rigged one up- short version- onto a WBBB, it really wasn't all that hard. Just a matter of getting the shock cords adjusted for the right tension. Most of the trouble had to do with getting it snugged up enough to avoid any gaps down near my knees. I know it is called a torso length, but it still goes from above my head to about my knees. It is a good bit longer than my Climashield "Yeti" and I hate to waste that insulation, even though some length of leg pad will be in there. It won't need to be very long. I ended up having to fiddle with the foot end draw strings quite a bit to get snug enough but not noticeably tight under my legs.

My "Yeti" only goes from shoulder to just below my butt. However, I think one advantage to this- and one reason Brandon only makes this length- is that most all quilts ( maybe with the exception of a JRB quilt/hammock combo) are harder to get just right further down than the butt.

But it is def doable. And very warm. This is a very light, comfortable and warm combination. Later I will see how the TQ works with this combo.

I don't imagine this will be of much interest, considering this is discontinued model. But, there are plenty of MW3 full length out there, and they are still available, so you can get an idea of how well that will work on this hammock. But should be an easier set up.

GrizzBridge and MW3 short foot end

GrizzBridge and MW3 short head end

GrizzBridge and MW3 short inside from foot end

from inside plenty of extra coverage on sides

Hammock
    Claytor no net, hammock sock
    Tarp
    Winter Dream
    Insulation
    Speer Pea Pod
    Great review.

Lord, make me the type of person you created me
    to be. In Jesus name, Amen.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by joggerjohn View Post
    Great review.

Lord, make me the type of person you created me
    to be. In Jesus name, Amen.
    Thanks, Jogger! This is a pretty slick product, and particularly nice when counting grams, for those who do that. Of course, this test was on a hammock you can't buy ( you have to make it DIY ) and you also can no longer buy the quilt, discontinued. Though you can buy the long version.

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WB, ZPacks
    Insulation
    Incubators/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoppie/Strap
    Images
    I have the same quilt. Mw3 convt. I really liked it when I had a bridge. Am saving it for my next bridge. Use it in short mode when I want to have a UL trip. I have also let my kids use it because the short section works almost like a full length for them!

S

• + New Posts