depends on weather
    Tarp
    SWT
    Insulation
    various
    Suspension
    Straps, Dutch Clip
    Images
    Should you use a ridgeline or not (and how tight, if you do) if you don't use any of the aforementioned support setups but instead sprinkle fairy dust on your hammock and just float all night?

Just wondering.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Youngblood View Post
    For any hammock, you want to center it and use the same amount of suspension line on each end of the hammock.
    I really appreciate all of the contributions you have made to hammock camping.

I want to add that the above quote mentions the ideal way to do it but it can be done differently. When double-hanging with my wife, I often find myself trying to center my hammock next to hers. Most times I have to hang my hammock with two different length suspension lines. I make up for the variance in length by setting the long suspension rope higher than the short suspension rope.

You can see it reasonably well here: http://www.hammockforums.net/gallery...&cutoffdate=14

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by creekfisher View Post

I want to add that the above quote mentions the ideal way to do it but it can be done differently. When double-hanging with my wife, I often find myself trying to center my hammock next to hers. Most times I have to hang my hammock with two different length suspension lines. I make up for the variance in length by setting the long suspension rope higher than the short suspension rope.

You can see it reasonably well here: http://www.hammockforums.net/gallery...&cutoffdate=14
    You are absolutely right. That is Advanced Hammock Hanging 102 and is clever.

Marta once told me she off set the centering to lower the head end of her hammock. I stick with the basic centering and just raise the foot end a bit or just go with the natural slope of the ground. I may try that the next time I try to go against the natural slope of the ground... that always gives me fits.
    Youngblood AT2000

Hammock
    Clark North American
    Tarp
    Golite Cave 2 tarp
    Insulation
    Exped downmat 7
    Man, I never thought about any of this stuff hanging my Hennessy...I had a cheap line level on the ridgeline...knew where the bubble should be for a comfortable sleep and hung the hammock....never thought about line tensions, sag ratios or anything remotely like that...whew, I got off easy!

I like ridgelines, some don't...since Hennessy patented his structural ridgeline I thought it was important to the proper hanging of his hammock...I add them to my other hammocks for my convenience...

all i have to say is wow...this got big!
    This is the day that the Lord has made-let us rejoice and be glad in it! Psalm 118:24

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by heescha View Post
    all i have to say is wow...this got big!
    This? No, not yet. Apparently you haven't seen the 600+ post Ring Buckle thread or the 1000+ post Bridge thread, each of which have around 40,000 page views.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

haha well let's keep it going then!
    This is the day that the Lord has made-let us rejoice and be glad in it! Psalm 118:24

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345