Thermarest Slacker/Slack house
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah's Tarp
    Insulation
    Super Snuggler
    Suspension
    Eno Helios

Sweet deal

How's it going? New to the forum, old to hammocks. I have had hammocks for years now, and just found your forum a while back. I started out with a generic nylon hammock and a Kelty Noah's Tarp 12.....works great when there aren't any skeeters. Next I bought a Byer's Moskito Hammock , it doesn't work well. Then, this month I found a Hennesy Hammock Expedition Asym Classic on sale for $80 at a store by Seneca Lake. It even came with Snake Skins. The price was right so I snagged it without any research. I set it up once and it looks nice. How easy is pad and sleeping bag use? It appears that it might be a struggle. I was camping a couple of weeks ago with the Scouts and it was in the upper 20's. No sweat with a blue pad and a zero degree bag. Both are no problem with my old school setup as it is wide open from the top. I am pumped to try it out ASAP...........cabin fever has set in already.

Tom C.

Hammock
    WB Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Down all the way!
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    I have the HH Expedition asym and a pad sleeping bag is do-able. It does take a little work at first to get in and move the pad to where you want it but once you get used to it it's good. I really like the bottom entry of the HH, real easy for putting boots on in the morning.

Hammock
    BB1.0 double
    Tarp
    Hybrid Cuben F.
    Insulation
    Down & IX
    Suspension
    BB straps,whoopies
    I had a hennessy, thought it was a nice hammock. I like the thicker material that it's made with. What I didn't like was that during the summer, when it's so hot here that you can almost fry an egg on top of the tarp, if I removed my UQ, I then got bit by the skeeters! Those critters can bite right through the bottom layer!! I tried permethian (might have misspelled that word) sprayed on the bottom and that does work pretty good. I eventually sold this hammock to another scouter and he uses a pad inside it. This was a side zip Asym hennessy. I think an Expedition??

TinaLouise

• + New Posts