Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JayS View Post
    Enjoyed your adventure. What a positive attitude. You left us hangin' though (pun intended). Did you make it home or did someone find your camera and post the video?

Great meeting you at MAHHA. Didn't you set up across the trail there? I sense a pattern here...
    I don't think that was a trail at MAHHA - it just became a de facto trail as all the hammockers dispersed behind me had to go by my site to get to the campfire. And Jay, you know how bad my eyesight is - we talked for a while Friday night and I ended up introducing myself the next morning 'cause I never really saw your face at night! Imagine those eyes trying to find a trail marking in Stygian darkness.

Hammock
    Warbonnet BlackBird
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    Down top & bottom
    Suspension
    Strap and buckle
    Images
    Entertaining! Please get lost some more.

Ok. That came out wrong.
    -Liz -

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    An epic tale of being adrift in the piney woods.
    Good stuff.....great attitude.
    Looked fun though. Adversity makes for a memorable trip.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Images
    Watch out camping in campgrounds w/o getting a permit. The rangers around here are horrible. They patrol all the campgrounds constantly, harrassing people to no end. And if your not in a spot they 'approve' of, they'll kick you out. I don't know why, but I haven't met a decent human wearing a park ranger uniform around here. I've had great luck over the years camping where I please, but everytime I go to or near a campground, I get harrassed and either told to leave or move. But camping outside a campground in the whole state is illegal. Just a heads up. A ranger one time gave me a failure to inspect ticket for my parked truck at a campground. It hasn't stopped me from having a good time in the bush though. Every night I'm out now is like a jab at those narcist rangers. Switching to a hammock has made finding a concealed spot much easier. Lot of boggy areas.

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fallkniven View Post
    Watch out camping in campgrounds w/o getting a permit. The rangers around here are horrible. They patrol all the campgrounds constantly, harrassing people to no end. And if your not in a spot they 'approve' of, they'll kick you out. I don't know why, but I haven't met a decent human wearing a park ranger uniform around here. I've had great luck over the years camping where I please, but everytime I go to or near a campground, I get harassed and either told to leave or move. But camping outside a campground in the whole state is illegal. Just a heads up. A ranger one time gave me a failure to inspect ticket for my parked truck at a campground. It hasn't stopped me from having a good time in the bush though. Every night I'm out now is like a jab at those narcissist rangers. Switching to a hammock has made finding a concealed spot much easier. Lot of boggy areas.
    Fallkniven - I had a permit, just couldn't find the campground for which I had the permit! I typically avoid camping anywhere in the state of NJ because the rangers are indeed horrible here. I'd rather go up to CT or NY where I know they're friendlier.

Hammock
    ENO Double Nest
    Tarp
    BCUSA Tarp
    Insulation
    FAT!!!
    Suspension
    WhoooopieS
    Blasted Firewall. Will watch when I get home. Cant wait.

Hammock
    1.7 SL WBTraveler
    Tarp
    HG 4-season Cuben
    Insulation
    Burrow and Phoenix
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Great video, you crack me up! I lost that trail in the same spot going to Lower Forge. After a bit of back tracking, I got back on. However, on the way out I lost it in another spot and ended up following a road most of the way back.

By the way that Mountain House processed stuff can really mess with (clog) your plumbing.
    - Dylan

“You are too concerned about what was and what will be. There is a saying: yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the 'present.'”
    ― Master Oogway

Hammock
    Hammock Bliss
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Whoopies w/ straps
    Great adventure! When we step into the woods, we do so with the understanding we'll do our best against whatever comes along. Thanks for your great attitude and sense of humor. Your videos are frankly a metaphor for most of our lives. By and large, what comes along is stuff we hadn't planned for, yet in some miraculous way, we manage to deal with it.

Hammock
    Grand Trunk Nano
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Summerlite/WL UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Great job on these videos. We've all gotten lost and night hiking is fun untill we lose the trail. Headlights coming your way is the worst though! Had a lot of laughs and you're a great movie maker. I subbed you on YouTube so hope you make some more videos.

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    When everything goes as planned it can be boring and you do not learn as much. It's when things do not go as planned that you learn things. I tell my wife we are going on an adventure as we never know what may happen or where we may end up. As long as we survive the trip, its good. I learn more from trips that do not go as planned and usually end up having more fun.
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast