DIY Gathered End
    Tarp
    DIY Asym
    Insulation
    DIY Modular Quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH
    Images
    Only that one time in India with the cultists...

...wait, wasn't that a Harrison Ford movie ...

...well, crud.

More seriously, yes. Pretty much any time things are quiet enough, I can hear my heartbeat and breathing (especially if there's something pressed against an ear).

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB DL 1.1 & Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Black MacCat Del.
    Insulation
    Yeti 3,4 & HRQ/HGB
    Suspension
    webbing/whoopie
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    I was laying in my hammock yesterday and it was very quiet. My ear was against the fabric and I could head my heart beating perfectly. I don't know if I never noticed it before or I have never hung in the peace and quiet before. My family is in Chicago so I have never had such peace and quiet before. Quiet except for that loud beating. You would have thought somone was brushing the hammock with a brush and great rhythem. It kept me awake until I finally got a pillow. Then, and it may be my imagination, I thought I could feel the hammock moving ever so slightly with my heartbeat. I finally went to bed.
    I get that all the time. My ridge line bag will actually be pulsing up and down about a 1/4". I get this in my bed as well if my ear is covered the right way,,,,its a bit annoying,,,but then i adjust and go to sleep. Its dead quiet where i am.

bill
    " The mind creates the abyss, the heart crosses it."

“The measure of your life will not be in what you accumulate, but in what you give away.” ~Wayne Dyer

www.birchsidecustomwoodwork.com

Hammock
    HammockBliss no see um
    Suspension
    home made webbing
    Images
    I can hear mine most nights, and if i lay on my back on a couch and have an ink pen in my pocket and hold my breath my wife can see my ink pen bouncing from it in another chair.

Hammock
    wb traveler/bb 1.1d, hh scua, gt ul
    Tarp
    ogee+zpack diamond
    Insulation
    jrb/hg downs+hh ss
    Suspension
    webbing+whoopies
    Images
    not always, but it happens. climbing upstairs...

Hammock
    DW netless/JS Full net
    Tarp
    Hex
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 40
    Suspension
    Dutch buckle/strap
    Luckily mine is deeply covered with years of cheeseburgers and chili fries, so I don't hear it.
    Look up before you hook up!!
    Originally Posted by body942
    Me big. Me like hammockgear burrow. Long. Problems no. People good.

Hammock
    diy HH
    Tarp
    10' x 8' diy cat
    Insulation
    Full down UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies w/ straps
    You should here it when your in the middle of a panic attack phew lol. When I hear mine I try to see if I can control the beat rate by relaxing more, I know it's odd. My brother and I also have the ability to make the veins in our arms swell by just thinking about it, Cool trick that my kids never get tired of seeing.

Hammock
    Dream, Sparrow and Raven
    Tarp
    HG Cuban, SuperFly
    Insulation
    HG quilts
    Suspension
    UCR, always change
    Images
    Yes to OP.

And reminds me of a Bill Cosby routine...."boom boom"...and the chicken heart "BOOM BOOM" AND!!!!! "BOOM BOOM!!!!!"
    Call me Junior

Pirating – Corporate Takeover without the paperwork
    "For a couple of bucks, get a weird haircut and waste your life away" Bryan Adams....
    "Hammock hangs are where you go into the woods to meet men you've only known on the internet so you can sit around a campfire to swap sewing tips and recipes." - sargevining on HF

Hammock
    DIY Knotty/Speer special, RED
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    50 extree pounds
    Suspension
    Whoopy slings
    I heard a scratching at the door, and a low moan that would repeat itself. It went on for quite a while.

I tipped my head out and one of the dogs was chaising something in his sleep, paws against the wall, sounding his frustrations and joy in the hunt, silly ole beagle. Normally they lay with their backs against the wall but lately all of them have started sleeping the other way and I now have gotten used to the wall scratching. Cept for the youngest. Now I see him on his back against the wall with his legs straight up or curled over at the knee. They flip every once in a while and his tail bangs the wall. It must be a fantastic time to be a dog, not that it stinks around my house very often NOT to be one, but man are they going all out sleeping lately.

Indian summer, that's what it has to be.

At times I'll hear the heart going, or my breathing. To get away from it I download show content from several websites that I belong too. Phil Hendrie and Kevin Smith. Phil does a nightly show and Kevin has just got content out the wazoo, but you have to like his humor. I download it, add it to a queue in Itunes and let it cycle through all night. I've got volume controls on my wireless keyboard so I put it on a shelf next to my hammock. Some shows are not the same volume as others but later in night it doesn't need to be as loud as earlier, I reach out and tab the volume down or up as needed.

Otherwise, that dang heartbeat can keep you up at night.

You know, when your in one of those scarey situations, when you're trying to stay covered or worse, concealed, and you know, you just KNOW they can hear your heartbeat just as well as you can, cuzz it's banging away. Then when you try to breath shallowy there's some half lodged snot rocket turning your nose into the friggin pied piper!

Yea, that dang noise gets in the way.

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    I don't usually hear my heart like that...I wear headphones and listen to music to drowned out the voices.

to quote Hawk....I ain't right

Sorry could not resist.
    Arrowhead Equipment -- For all your hammock camping and backpacking gear
    Arrowhead-Equipment.com Visit AHE on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check out pictures on Instagram

Images
    My heart is slightly larger than normal. I hear and feel it all the time. Several times I've thought it was moving my hammock, causing a sway. I can not have my ear against something when resting else it may wake me up. Never quite figured that out yet.

You've found a great spot when you have that quiet and peace to be able to listen to yourself. It's a good and amazing thing.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast