Finally made it out on a backpacking trip this past weekend (11/11/11 to 11/13/11) to Big Hill Pond State Park in Pocahontas Tennessee. We arrived about 7:30 on Friday night, and hiked in the dark about 1.5 miles around the lake to the Grassy Point Shelter.

Slept in my WBB. The temperature dropped to about 40 degrees Friday night, but stayed warm and toasty with my Incubator UQ.

Got up Saturday and hiked to the fire tower. It had been updated and was in much better condition than the last time I was there 2 years ago (didn't have to worry about falling through the floor this time). Next we hiked on through the swamp on the Boardwalk, stopping for lunch midway through. Had my first ever Spam Single, and liked it so much I had another. MMMMM that's good eatin.

Hiked back around the lake to the campsite. Total distance for the day was about 7 miles. It was warm but windy most of the day. Got back and had some Mountain House Chicken and Potatos for dinner. It was my first backpacker meal and I was pleasantly surprised at how good it was. Had a little campfire and hit the hammock by 8:00 that night. Lows Saturday night were in the mid to high 50's, so it felt like a heat wave compared to the night before.

Had some pop tarts Sunday morning and then hiked back out for the return trip home. All in all it was a great trip. Below is a video of Saturday's day hike. Understand that this is only my second video, so I've got much room for improvement. Any tips or tricks would be most welcome. I definitely need to find a better way to film where I’m headed while walking.

Thanks for watching!

Happy Trails!