Well, there was enough whispering about another area get together that Old Gringo talked me into starting a thread for a Caddo Lake hang and float.

We chose the weekend of the MLK holiday so that some of the folks can get an extra day of fun on Monday without missing an extra day of work. I know I won't have MLK day off, but I'll be there Friday through Sunday. Is it really bad luck to start a hang on a Friday the 13th? I don't think so.

Caddo Lake State Park is just north of Karnack, Texas, on Caddo Lake in far east Texas. The lake itself crosses the Texas/ Louisiana border. We will be camping in the Mill Pond Camping Area. This is the primitive camping area right up against Saw Mill Pond, which opens up into Caddo Lake itself.

The Mill Pond area is loaded with trees. The facilities are located at the end of the area, so a little walking (or riding if you bring your bicycle) will be required. Bring your kayaks, pack rafts, or canoes! Pamela and I actually floated our canoe in Caddo Lake in January, 2011, in t-shirts and shorts. You can read my trip report here. The park is large and had lots of roads for bicycling, and also has a hiking trail.

There is currently a burn ban in effect for the park (Harrison county), so pray for rain.

Come and join us. You are on your own for food and campsite reservations. It may or may not be COLD. We may or may not get to burn stuff. But we will hang (and paddle).