My review (with lots of photos) of the KAMMOK Roo for BackpackGearTest.org has been posted here:

> http://bit.ly/rxiomf

SUMMARY

• The KAMMOK Roo is a very large, comfortable hammock (Length: 129 in / 328 cm, width: 72 in / 183 cm).
  • The diamond ripstop fabric has a nice, supple feel that is soft and comfortable.
  • The stuff sack is unique, probably over-engineered, but very nice. It adds a "high-class" touch to a quality product.
  • The hammock includes very robust carabiners rated for hanging
  • Small touches and attention-to-detail give this hammock a high-class feel

This is probably the largest hammock I've camped in and I found that I got the best lay with a nice, deep sag--with a hang angle nearly 45 degrees. Because of its size and this hang angle, I found that my regular MacCat tarps from OES weren't wide enough to give the best side coverage. For best side coverage I had to hang the hammock at the more traditional 30 degree angle. The hammock is still comfortable, but as is common with large hammocks pulled "tight," you experience what I call the "canoe" or "bathtub" effect, where the sides of the hammock are tighter than the center, creating a deep pocket or bucket seat.

As Grizz mentioned in his video overview, the Roo is slightly heavier than comparable gathered-end hammocks on the market, but it is still a workable piece of gear for backpacking and hiking. I took it on a few multi-day backpacking trips and several hikes and really enjoyed it, especially when I could afford the deep sag. I'm a bit of a gram weenie and I like my lightweight backpacking kit, but for short trips, the Roo didn't bother me.

The attention to detail on this hammock is noticeable. I'm a fan of gathered-end hammocks but usually the only thing that separates one from the other is the logo stitched on the stuff sack. The Roo, in comparison, not only sports a different, very classy, comfortable fabric, the stitching is top-notch, and the included carabiners and durable spectra rope are uncommon among the competition. While not necessary for performance, KAMMOK put a slight twist in the Lark's Head knot that attaches the spectra loop to the carabiner. Little touches like this give the hammock a classy look.

Check out the photos and measurements in my review of the KAMMOK Roo hammock on BGT.