Hammock
    DIY,WBBB,DutchBridge
    Tarp
    Cuben,Superfly
    Insulation
    Quilts :P
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Very good idea with the 2 CF roll tops..... i wanted to get one for my quilts but seeing that i might get 2
    very nice Video Rook .....
    It puts the Underquilt on it's hammock ... It does this whenever it gets cold

Hammock
    HH UL Bckpker -2QZQ mod 4
    Tarp
    Spinn Mambajamba
    Insulation
    JRB Mt.W & No Sniv
    Suspension
    DC's & Whoopies
    Nice video, also impressed with the packing!

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WB, ZPacks
    Insulation
    Incubators/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoppie/Strap
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by R00K View Post

Current base-weight: 5.7lbs
    At that weight, why did you go with the EXO and not a Blast? For that load, seems that the carbon stays are not really needed. Can they be removed? My base is around 8lbs and the Blast is more than sufficient to carry the load. Heck sometime I wonder if I even need the hip belt. I thought of getting the EXO before deciding to go with the Blast. Wondering what your thought process was when choosing the EXO.

S

Hammock
    UL BMBH
    Tarp
    CloudBurst
    Insulation
    Phoenix & Stealth
    Suspension
    Whoopies & DutchTi
    Quote Originally Posted by mugs View Post
    I find it interesting you keep you guy's detached...do you find it easier to set up the tarp that way?

Looks like you have "stock" in dutch gear...what is the yearly pay-out dividend on that
    Since I have a poncho tarp it's important to be able to access my tarp suspension and hang my tarp quickly, and keep myself out of the rain.
    My poncho tarp was a custom job by Joe at Zpacks, it's a scaled down version of his Hammock Tarp with Doors, fit for the Nano 7. And because it's also a poncho, he used the 0.74 black cuben that he uses for his rain gear. It weighs 8.7 ounces seam sealed, and it's dimensions are 10' Ridgeline x 5' baseline x 7' width.

And if I could have stock in Dutchware I would!

Quote Originally Posted by G.L.P. View Post
    Very good idea with the 2 CF roll tops..... i wanted to get one for my quilts but seeing that i might get 2
    very nice Video Rook .....
    It really works well for hammock campers! I think thats why the slight variation from the standard method isn't more popular in the backpacking community as a whole. It just works for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post
    At that weight, why did you go with the EXO and not a Blast? For that load, seems that the carbon stays are not really needed. Can they be removed? My base is around 8lbs and the Blast is more than sufficient to carry the load. Heck sometime I wonder if I even need the hip belt. I thought of getting the EXO before deciding to go with the Blast. Wondering what your thought process was when choosing the EXO.

S
    When I purchased the pack I still planned on having a winter baseweight of 10lbs-15lbs, and a winter packweight of around 30lbs. Looks like I'll be hiking the AT in the heat instead of the cold - so even at it's heaviest I could probably have done fine with the blast - but I love the versatility of the Exo - and that the frame is removable - essentially making it a Blast.
    Last edited by R00K; 11-21-2011 at 13:36.
    Support: HammockGear - Zpacks - Jacks R Better - DreamHammock - Dutchware - AHE - Black Rock - Grand Trunk

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WB, ZPacks
    Insulation
    Incubators/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoppie/Strap
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by R00K View Post
    Since I have a poncho tarp it's important to be able to access my tarp suspension and hang my tarp quickly, and keep myself out of the rain.
    My poncho tarp was a custom job by Joe at Zpacks, it's a scaled down version of his Hammock Tarp with Doors, fit for the Nano 7. It's also a poncho, so he used the 0.74 black cuben that he uses for his rain gear. It weighs 8.7 ounces seam sealed, and it's dimensions are 10' Ridgeline x 5' baseline x 7'
    Very cool. Can you post some pictures of your custom tarp when you get a chance?

Hammock
    WB / BIAS
    Tarp
    HG Custom 4S
    Insulation
    WB Lynx, HG, MB
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Straps
    Great video Rook! Looking to move down to a smaller pack myself, and you've shown some great ideas here, really like how you've put together your gear. Your vids are tempting me to try a nano on for size!

Cheers

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123