Tarp
    Funky & GG Tarps
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ
    Suspension
    continuous L. Amst
    Quote Originally Posted by Tendertoe View Post
    This sounds like a good time.

Caesar Creek State Park, in Wilmington, has primitive group camps available (latrines but no electric).

They can be reserved starting January 1st.

All of their group camp areas are located within the state park and are wooded.

They can accomodate "up to 50" people" don't know if that means they have 100 sets of trees 15 feet apart

I just spoke with someone at the park office. They have 1 group site that is free of charge, the rest are $75 per night.

If you are looking for a slight hike in there are plenty of opportunities in other locations (Zaleski, Wildcat Hollow, etc).
    Hi TenderToe Nice to have you chime in here. Is there plenty of parking at this park? Does the free group site have a good hang area of trees that we're allowed to spread out to, or is it just a big open area (mostly made for tent camping)? Have you been to this park? If so, what else can you share with us?

Hammock
    DIY Extra Wide & Long Tablecloth
    Tarp
    Funky & GG Tarps
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ
    Suspension
    continuous L. Amst
    Here are pictures of Chicagami Park in the Geauga Park District if anyone is curious. It is primitive, no electric...not that we need electric. Vault bathrooms that are actually very nice. No running water.
    http://photobucket.com/geaugapark2011

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    webbing and rings
    Quote Originally Posted by DivaB View Post
    Hi TenderToe Nice to have you chime in here. Is there plenty of parking at this park? Does the free group site have a good hang area of trees that we're allowed to spread out to, or is it just a big open area (mostly made for tent camping)? Have you been to this park? If so, what else can you share with us?
    The park official said all of the group spots are in a wooded area, so I'm assuming there will be plenty of hanging opportunities. I figured if this does end up being the decided upon location, someone would take a drive out there to survey the spots.

As for parking, I'm assuming that if the location can hold 50 people, there should be sufficient parking.

I haven't been before, but I know others have been and said good things about it.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    webbing and rings
    I have nothing against heading north to Geauga (heck, we have family in Cleveland so we are up there 2-3 times a month), however, most of the OHangers are located in the southern half of the state and that makes it at least a 2 hour drive for the majority of us.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Funky & GG Tarps
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ
    Suspension
    continuous L. Amst
    Quote Originally Posted by Tendertoe View Post
    I have nothing against heading north to Geauga (heck, we have family in Cleveland so we are up there 2-3 times a month), however, most of the OHangers are located in the southern half of the state and that makes it at least a 2 hour drive for the majority of us.
    Totally agree and understand....I was just sharing the information I have and know first hand. As mentioned, I'd love it to be more centrally located as there are many from the Cleveland area too. Then those from the south, north, east and west could easily make it. That would be ideal

Does anyone live near the park that TenderToe is talking about? If so can you drive by and look at? This would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by DivaB; 11-22-2011 at 10:05. Reason: type faster than brain can keep up with....spelling!

Hammock
    Tarp
    Funky & GG Tarps
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ
    Suspension
    continuous L. Amst
    Also....ideally an "annual Ohio spring hang" and "annual Ohio fall hang" would be awesome.
    I'm just thinking out loud since this needs bumped so the thread doesn't die too far down the list.

Hammock
    ENO DN
    Tarp
    SilNylon
    Insulation
    Jarbridge UQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    What about private farm land w/ a wooded area? I have a few friends who might be able to help. The farm land is w/in 20 min of columbus... just an idea.
    "Its ok... I have a hammock!"

Banned
    Hammock
    WBB 1.7 Double,DIY traveler
    Tarp
    hennessy hex,DIY
    Insulation
    Pad
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I do have a nice piece of land that we could use for free. But it is near Brookville Indiana. But would be willing to offer it up.

Bigbogg

Hammock
    Tarp
    Funky & GG Tarps
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ
    Suspension
    continuous L. Amst
    Bump, bump....come on Ohio, chime in here

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Luke's LB HG hex
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    SlingRings/Straps
    Images
    Not sure where the free goup site is at Caeser Creek But it's in my area, I'll check it out. As far as raffle stuff goes I feel it should be a casual bring an item and your name goes in the hat. No money or restrictions on what the item should be except dont bring an UQ if you are not prepared to get a homemade alchohol stove. I've done the loop hike there. Eric, if you have any info on the location of the group spot is let me know.
    "He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Please check out the link below to show your love for hammocks!www.zazzle.com/hammocklife

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast