Hello all! I'm sure this same question has been asked a million times and that there are at least that many if not more answers to the question.

I have looked at some of the suspension systems out there and I really don't know what I'm looking at (if that makes sense). I understand how most of them work but I'm not sure which I should go with.

Whoopie slings intrigue me, but I'm not sure that I could make one with acceptable results. I'm sure I could but, I guess I'm intimidated by them for some reason.

I've looked at some straping suspension systems, but there too I'm not really sure what I'm looking at as far as ease of use strength etc.

So here is where I'm calling on the league of hammock folk here to help me out. My hammock is a stock GT UL. I have only hung in it once for about 5 minutes (very hectic schedule right now, but that is going to change in about 3 weeks and I'd like to get this thing put together then). When I used it that one time it was with racthet straps and they worked ok BUT I would liek to have a system that weighs 1/4 of what they do if you know what I mean.

I was thinking about using a strap system that utilaizes double D rings on either end to adjust the overall length of the hammock, etc. but I'm not sure how to best accomplish this. Is a system like this designed to be one continuous strap, around the tree then back to the hammock where it can be adjusted there? Is there usually a strap around just the tree that the hammock suspension then ties into? I've never been able to make it to any group hangs so I have not seen any of thisin action other than here on the forum. So I'm kind of drawing stick figures in my head if you know what I mean.

So what do you think? I would be greatful if anyone can link me to a good thread about this topic, or youtube videos, etc. As always any and all input is greatly appreciated.

thanks,
lost