Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hennessy = GREAT HAMMOCK!!

I have tried a couple of different hammocks so far, and I by far like the Hennessy the best. I had a couple of speer like hammocks which I hung at a variety of angles, and I was able to somewhat flat, but nowhere near the flatness of a hennessy! I just feel so much more comfortable in one, its a great hammock and well worth the money! I guess its the Asym thing doing its job, and its doing it GOOD!

HH best hammock for me also.

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    I recently had the zipper mod performed on my HH, which means that I will be sleeping in it once again. It was my first.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

Premium Quality, Fresh Roasted Coffee
    www.meancatcoffee.com

I guess you didn't like the bottom entry? I didn't think I would like it either, but after trying it multiple times, I like it fine. Or do you mean now you will be able to completely take the bug net off, thats nice.

I must say that I love the thing lays, and I just feel that I have so much more room in it. It just seems to be much flatter, for everything. My arms, legs, etc... can go anywhere and it feels nice and flat. I didn't think it would be that much different then my travel hammock I have been using, but it is. It lays much flatter and wider. I do know not to were a polyester shirt into the hammock and the velcro will grab the material and pull the hell outta of it. That shirt is ruined.

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    The bottom entry got old after a while. Once I switched to a top loader I realized how much of a hassle the bottom entry was. HH are very comfortable and that's why I perused making a top entry version, my HH clone.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

Premium Quality, Fresh Roasted Coffee
    www.meancatcoffee.com

Hammock
    Hennessey Expedition Asym
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    BA Yampa, Exped 7s
    Suspension
    Dynaglide Whoopies
    Images
    I have had any clothing or gear issues with the velcro, but I have found it rather uncomfortable on the feet and legs upon exiting.
    To Boldly Hang Where No One Has Hung Before...

Hammock
    Hennessey Explorer Ultralight
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    Bottom entry is awkward with a DIY underquilt as well. But I like it because of mobility issues. I can use the hammock to make up for some deficits I have in me legs and feet. Not sure whether I would feel as secure in a top loader.
    I may be slow... But I sure am gimpy.

"Bless you child, when you set out to thread a needle don't hold the thread still and fetch the needle up to it; hold the needle still and poke the thread at it; that's the way a woman most always does, but a man always does t'other way."
    Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

We Don't Sew... We Make Gear! video series

Important thread injector guidelines especially for Newbies

Bobbin Tension - A Personal Viewpoint

Hammock
    Hennessey summer, lightest winter
    Tarp
    JRB 10x11 in skins
    Insulation
    JRB MW3 & SierraSv
    Images
    It's personal preference, of course, but I consider the Hennessey the most bombproof of the bugproof hammocks. Easy to use, just works, and it is comfortable. On the other hand, when I don't need the net, anything will work fine; then I usually use a double-wide HAAB with a hang-in-a-minute suspension rig. I particularly like that one at break time on the trail -- aaah!

I still love my ultra light travel hammock, but thats for day hikes. Though its not as comfy as the Hennessy, its still way comfy enough to nap in during a day hike. Thats the hammock that I take with my on day hikes, really light and compact, and I use it as a lounge chair to read in.

The hennessy I will take to sleep in overnight, just like its made for, nice flat laying position, tons of room inside, and again, just so comfortable!

I like the bottom entry, I tend to flip mt top loaders on occasion, not the HH.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast