Quote Originally Posted by headchange4u View Post
I'm just worried that I'm paying for information that can be obtained for free elsewhere on the internet. Is the info on the site worth the $25?
I could read it from Tim's link, but I am a member. In fact, I have read it before. I really debated renewing this year, but I did. Their reviews and info are pretty thorough and unique. Though pretty much biased towards the extreme gram weenie for sure. But for example, the very article being referred in this thread. Quite comprehensive.

But I don't think you will find the equivalent of most of their info free on the internet. You can get a lot of info from places like HF, but mainly from wading through the opinions of many different folks each often favoring a different piece of equipment. Very useful, particularly for hammock specific stuff, but.......

For example, their comparative tests of gas canister stoves in several different simulated conditions ( wind vs calm, etc). Then breaking it down to weight per cup boiled, either counting stove and fuel weight, or that plus pot weight. Then maybe comparing to carrying an alcohol stove and fuel for 1 day vs 7. Or carbon monoxide output of different stoves. That sort of thing, very thorough and detailed, and I've never seen such elsewhere.

Oops, I see Tim pretty much already said the above!