Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator
    Suspension
    3 days “In-school”
    Images

For Sale Rule

I would like to see a rule that price posted includes shipping unless shipping is international.

The reasons for this..

1. All to often I find a posted price that is reasonable, but then I have to haggle about shipping costs.

2. It's hard for me to negotiate shipping, when I don't know if the seller is going to use their own box, a pre paid box, a box that's too big and therefore costs more. A box that weighs more or less. Put's a bunch of tape on the box that weighs more. Or uses a tyvek postal bag. Since I can't weigh the box with the item, I can't say for sure what the post office is going to charge. So it's impossible for me to know what shipping costs are going to be.

3. I pay an amount for shipping, and the seller uses a cheaper method that takes considerably longer to arrive than what I paid for. For example An item that will fit in a medium flat rate box costs $11 to mail anywhere in the U.S. If I pay the seller $10.95+.70 for tracking. I expect priority 2-3 business days. Not some other method that costs $3 and takes up to 15 business days. Again I have no control over what they do after I give them the money.

This all gets complicated and is hard to negotiate blindly. Most people already post their items priced including shipping, so most people won't be effected by this anyway. Just the ones who like to gouge an extra few bucks on shipping.

Hammock
    ENO Single
    Tarp
    Kelty Noahs 12
    Insulation
    Sleeping bag & pad
    Suspension
    Straps/Line&knots
    Southpaw that is so true. Be straightforward and honest with ones buyers.

d

Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe
    Tarp
    HH Asym
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    WHOOPIE AND STRAPS
    Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
    I would like to see a rule that price posted includes shipping unless shipping is international.

The reasons for this..

1. All to often I find a posted price that is reasonable, but then I have to haggle about shipping costs.

2. It's hard for me to negotiate shipping, when I don't know if the seller is going to use their own box, a pre paid box, a box that's too big and therefore costs more. A box that weighs more or less. Put's a bunch of tape on the box that weighs more. Or uses a tyvek postal bag. Since I can't weigh the box with the item, I can't say for sure what the post office is going to charge. So it's impossible for me to know what shipping costs are going to be.

3. I pay an amount for shipping, and the seller uses a cheaper method that takes considerably longer to arrive than what I paid for. For example An item that will fit in a medium flat rate box costs $11 to mail anywhere in the U.S. If I pay the seller $10.95+.70 for tracking. I expect priority 2-3 business days. Not some other method that costs $3 and takes up to 15 business days. Again I have no control over what they do after I give them the money.

This all gets complicated and is hard to negotiate blindly. Most people already post their items priced including shipping, so most people won't be effected by this anyway. Just the ones who like to gouge an extra few bucks on shipping.
    +1 i cant agree more
    BT
    "Hang safe and enjoy the outdoors"

http://tqnt.webs.com/
    Turtle Quilts N Tarps
    your home for custom made products

Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    3 Season Pheonix
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    I agree with this

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7Dbl
    Tarp
    Maccat Deluxe
    Insulation
    JrB TQ/UQ,Crownest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    This is between you and the seller, it is not upto HF.net to police the shipping habits of every possible seller.

If it is a big deal to you that the item gets shipped 'your' way, then make it a condition of the purchase. If they find it to be too much of a hassle, they will deal with somebody else.
    I ride a recumbent.
    I like to HAM it up on the CW.
    I use Linux.
    I play go.
    Of course I sleep in a hammock!

Rug.

Hang On!

Hammock
    Freebird, HHExUL w/zip mod
    Tarp
    HM Suite, UGQ, HG
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, 5n1 Jerry
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    I am lousy at figuring out pricing but I always include shipping and sometimes find out I should have charged more, so live and learn, but I am in agreement too.

Hammock
    DIY Hexon 1.0, Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    HG UQ's, EE TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Mantis
    Quote Originally Posted by Rug View Post
    This is between you and the seller, it is not upto HF.net to police the shipping habits of every possible seller.

If it is a big deal to you that the item gets shipped 'your' way, then make it a condition of the purchase. If they find it to be too much of a hassle, they will deal with somebody else.
    +1 ... I agree

Hammock
    DIY,WBBB,DutchBridge
    Tarp
    Cuben,Superfly
    Insulation
    Quilts :P
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    I agree with Rug...you can't police the way a person wished to deal with shipping and or cost
    as for someone quoting you a price to ship and than shipping it a cheaper way... thats just part of dealing with buying on the forums and or the Internet for that matter.... nothing you can do about it and not something Mods can police .. for me i would not buy from that said person again plain and simple we are on the honor system here
    for me...i post the shipping in with the price.. just makes it easy
    but thats me

i do agree it can be a pain in the rear at times but it doesn't stop me from jumping on a good deal
    and i don't see it being a Big problem here ...

maybe a rating system would help ... but i don't find a big need for that either
    It puts the Underquilt on it's hammock ... It does this whenever it gets cold

Hammock
    WBBB, DIY, ENO DN
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator
    Suspension
    3 days “In-school”
    Images
    For those of you who say they can't police the transaction they already do, by saying the pms don't matter. The poster who says "I'll take it is first in line" if I post "I'll take it, I don't want to turn around get jacked on shipping. I'm not asking for a particular type of shipping. Only that the price includes shipping.

The price is the price. If you want a specific type of shipping then make that a condition of the sale.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast