Hammock
    Black DIY dual zipper
    Tarp
    Black DIY 10'X12'
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ & TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    That is a great looking place to paddle. Love the kayak, how much does it weigh?
    Thanks for takin' us along.

HB
    "Is this the best you've got?!!" (Shortoff Mtn., Linville Gorge 2010)

"Life is tough.....it's even tougher if you're stupid!".....(John Wayne)

Hammock
    BlackBird dbl 1.1+Dutchware
    Tarp
    SuperFly+Dutchware
    Insulation
    HG & Mamba
    Suspension
    Straps+Dutchware
    Images
    Nice video!

Some of those spots look like a great place to have a fishing rod in your hand!

Enjoy it down under!

Thanks for posting.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7DL, GTUL
    Tarp
    BCUSA 10X10
    Insulation
    Yeti
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    I LOVE the "Tent as decoy" move you described earlier!
    Great Idea.

Thanks very much for sharing your trip...

Hammock
    WarBonnet Blackbird 1.1
    Tarp
    WarBonnet Edge
    Insulation
    4 JRB quilts.
    Suspension
    Home made job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lepmeister View Post
    Watched this a couple of time now mate, and I'll be watching it again. Just marvelous.
    I’m starting to come good after my death germ encounter (flu). After a break away from this video, I just sat here and watched it and I quite enjoyed it too. There’s a bit too much camera movement while watching the reflections, it, of course, would be better if there was none. It’s hard to paddle, film and be sick at the same time. Thanks for watching and posting, Lepmeister!

Quote Originally Posted by Hangin' Burrito View Post
    That is a great looking place to paddle. Love the kayak, how much does it weigh?
    Thanks for takin' us along.

HB
    Good afternoon, good morning or good evening, Hangin Burrito! Thanks again for the footrest idea, it’s the greatest! The kayak weighs in at 32 ponds or 14.5 kilos. Here’s some specs:

Advanced Elements AirFusion Kayak - AE1040
    Specifications:

• Length 13 feet
    • Width 25 inches
    • Weight 32 lbs (14.5 kgs)
    • Max weight: 235lbs (107 kgs)
    • Chambers: 7
    • Folded size: 35 x 21 x 9 inches
    Now, the Airfusion is GREAT in FLAT water, if you need a bit more storage room and one that will handle rough conditions the Experdition is the go. It’s heavier and wider though:

Advanced Elements AdvancedFrame Expedition Kayak - AE1009

Specifications:

• Length 13 feet, width 32 inches
    • Weight 42 lbs
    • Max weight person and gear, 450 lbs.
    • Folded size 31 x 16 x 10 inches.
    • Good for coastal inland and open ocean water, lakes, bays, rivers and white water up to Class III.
    • Includes carrying case, maintenance kit, seat, instructions.
    • Designed to be used in flat water to salt water.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoundMan View Post
    Nice video!

Some of those spots look like a great place to have a fishing rod in your hand!

Enjoy it down under!

Thanks for posting.
    Hello Soundman,

There must be plenty of fish around there, I even found one in a tree! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jakerock View Post
    I LOVE the "Tent as decoy" move you described earlier!
    Great Idea.

Thanks very much for sharing your trip...
    Yeah, it may seem a bit silly, but I think it’s better to do something than nothing. It can’t hurt, and it doesn't take long to set up and pack up. I’m thinking of getting one of thoughs instant tent. The ones you throw up in the air and when it comes back down it’s all set up - nifty. For the sharing of the trip Jakerock, you are welcome!
    Bruciehi5 Videos
    15 Trip Reports
    2 DIYs

Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe+2QZQ Mod #4
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/ 2QZQ OFS
    Insulation
    OWL 20* TQ/UQ's
    Suspension
    Whoopies+Biner
    Hey...thank you for the awesome vids and pics. I've just watched the short version, and am getting ready to go back for the long one.

I just wanted to say how this made me think of "other places" as exotic, and often don't realize how our own home area may seem exotic or spectacular in some fashion to someone else.

Your video shows just how amazing and beautiful your country is...I'd love to have the opportunity to do a kayak/hang like you did there. THANK YOU!

Hammock
    DIY bridge hammock
    Tarp
    OES/WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    WB Straps
    Images
    That was sick, in a good way. I hope the beauty of the outdoors overshadowed some of the other "issues" (computer, car, bike). Great vid and pics.
    Syb
    Enjoy the elevation

Hammock
    WarBonnet Blackbird 1.1
    Tarp
    WarBonnet Edge
    Insulation
    4 JRB quilts.
    Suspension
    Home made job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
    Hey...thank you for the awesome vids and pics. I've just watched the short version, and am getting ready to go back for the long one.

I just wanted to say how this made me think of "other places" as exotic, and often don't realize how our own home area may seem exotic or spectacular in some fashion to someone else.

Your video shows just how amazing and beautiful your country is...I'd love to have the opportunity to do a kayak/hang like you did there. THANK YOU!
    You’re welcome for the vids and pics, Owl! I hope you like the longer one! I think it gives a better feel for the place and especially the reflections.

Yes, The Superior Hiking Trail Springs to mind. There seems to be so much to it and it is so well set up for hikers. Don’t got nuffin like dat ear. Your thinking got me thinking... I used to live very close to the ocean, but hardly ever went to the beach. I now live close to four theme parks, but hardly ever go to them. Yet I’d love to go to Disneyland again (went there in 1986), and wouldn’t I have a good time in ANY section of The Superior Hiking trail, oh yes I would! I suppose any far away place seems more interesting than what we have just down the road. The good news is that most Hammock Forum members just enjoy being out there and it doesn't really matter that much where there is as long as it’s out there somewhere. Thanks for posting Owl!

Quote Originally Posted by Syb View Post
    That was sick, in a good way. I hope the beauty of the outdoors overshadowed some of the other "issues" (computer, car, bike). Great vid and pics.
    Yes Syb, fully sick, for me, both in a good and bad way! lol My germ is all but gone, my computer is happy again, I got my car back from being fixed, the day before yesterday, and the injuries from the bike crash are fading fast – still can’t walk very well, but I can ride. Most importantly, that month is over. Thanks for posting Syb and I hope you learn how to light a fire some day. ;o) lol
    Bruciehi5 Videos
    15 Trip Reports
    2 DIYs

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1dl HB noseeum modified
    Tarp
    WB BMJ, HH hex
    Insulation
    winter incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing
    My Ma used to sing a song when I was a boy that I now suspect to be of Australian origin!

Kookaburra sits in an old gum tree
    Merry, merry king of the bush is he
    Laugh, Kookaburra, laugh Kookaburra
    Gay your life must be.

Haven't thought of that in many years. Thanks for the memory jog!

Hammock
    WarBonnet Blackbird 1.1
    Tarp
    WarBonnet Edge
    Insulation
    4 JRB quilts.
    Suspension
    Home made job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doody View Post
    My Ma used to sing a song when I was a boy that I now suspect to be of Australian origin!

Kookaburra sits in an old gum tree
    Merry, merry king of the bush is he
    Laugh, Kookaburra, laugh Kookaburra
    Gay your life must be.

Haven't thought of that in many years. Thanks for the memory jog!

A BIG hello there Doody,

Yes, it’s Australian alright, written about 80 years ago. It’s all true... Kookaburras do sit in old gum trees, they are the merry king of the bush, they do laugh and they seem to be pretty happy. I was taught that song when I first started going to school, well I think it was then. There are special movements to be done as the song is sung. I found a 2 minute YouTube video of some kids singing the song and doing all the moves:

Kookaburra Song (sung by kids)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oPuUayHQms&feature=related

I also found a bit of interesting background info about the song. I have included it below:

One Sunday morning in 1932, Marion Sinclair had a sudden inspiration in church, and dashed home to write down the words to "Kookaburra". In 1934 she entered the song into a competition run by the Girl Guides Association of Victoria, with the rights of the winning song to be sold to raise money for the purchase of a camping ground, eventually chosen as Britannia Park. The song was performed for the first time in 1934 at the annual Jamboree in Frankston, Victoria at which the Baden-Powells, founders of the Scouting and Guiding movements, were present.

Despite its "Aussie-ness", the song is well-known and performed around the world, particularly in the United States, Canada and United Kingdom, where the Girl Guide movements in those countries have adopted it as a traditional song.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kookaburra_(song)
    <<<<<<<<<<<<o>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Well Doody, your memory jog sent me on a trip down memory lane too. Thanks for posting!
    Last edited by Bruciehi5; 12-05-2011 at 03:57. Reason: Added a link to the website where I got the background info.
    Bruciehi5 Videos
    15 Trip Reports
    2 DIYs

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    Superfly,HG CUBEN
    Insulation
    Yeti and Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    One of my favorite places me and my mate used to go to years ago, we would hire a canoe from the same place and camp out of the canoe for a week, going as far up the river as we could. There's also a great walking trail that goes up-to a huge sand blow from camp 3 if my memory serves me right. it's been a while since I been there. I always have the area on the back on my mind, I want to go back there again. Would love to hike in the area this time. I've always used a canoe in the past.

I am now going to sit back with a cuppa and watch in HD. Looking forward to the next installment.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast