Hammock
    Switchback/Speer/T-Bird/WBBB/Lt Owl
    Tarp
    SF/CF/Cldburst/Oge
    Insulation
    Incub/Buro/Snugfit
    Suspension
    Cinch Straps
    I had a rope one when I was in the Army training Cadets at Ft. Knox, Ky. It was nice, but I needed something a little better. However; I haven't camped much in the last few years, but was surfin the net and found the jungle hammocks and all the different brands and then I found HF and learned all about the different hammocks. I love this forum, and I love hangin... As most previous posts say, I love not waking up sore and tired...
    "No whining in the woods"

one word SHUG

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    DIY cat cut
    Suspension
    Button Suspension
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post
    I was sick of being a responsible grown-up, so I decided to go hike the AT.

Only problem was that my back used to go out (totally) for about a week, once or twice a year. I knew this was going to be a problem, but nothing to do about it. Then, a young lady named "Rockstar" told me about hammocks. The rest is history, along with beds in my house.
    Has your back gone out since you removed your beds? If so, how is getting out of a hammock with your back in so much pain?

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetLou View Post
    Has your back gone out since you removed your beds? If so, how is getting out of a hammock with your back in so much pain?
    A couple of minor 'twinges' the past couple of years, but never more than a couple of three days and never to the point where I can't walk, like before.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY winter
    Insulation
    ATP
    Suspension
    Whoopies & webbing
    I was in near a beach in Costa Rica with my dad a few years ago, and the hotel we were staying in had a couple of brazilian-style hammocks on a balcony. We relaxed in them while we waited for dinner... aaaaand had to be woken up. Then I happened to see an ad for Hennessey Hammocks and thought, "comfort while camping? Who knew?" During research I found this place; then it was hook, line, and sinker.

Hammock
    Eno Doublenest
    Suspension
    SLS/Whoopieslings
    I got into hanging when camping with two of my friends who happened to bring a extra hammock. I tried it and my back felt great the next morning. Since that point I have been camping in my hammock at least every other weekend. Luckily I found Shug's videos which got me on the right track to proper gear in these frigid south alabama temperatures. I actually think I watched most of his videos straight through one night

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    DIY cat cut
    Suspension
    Button Suspension
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post
    A couple of minor 'twinges' the past couple of years, but never more than a couple of three days and never to the point where I can't walk, like before.
    That's good to hear. I have an old rugby injury and my back decides it doesn't want to cooperate with me about once every year and a half. As a matter of fact, I am just getting over an incident now, off of work for over a month. I am seeing the physical therapist. I know I wouldn't be able to have gotten out of the hammock if I was able to get in it. Hell, it took all of my will power to just roll out of a bed.

Hammock
    BIAS camper, WW DL
    Insulation
    Diy syn. UQ
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    A friend and I were tent camping while kayaking in Alton MO. (car camping between runs) We usually pitch on the river on longer floats, but this time we stayed at the State Campgrounds and went out for diner. It started to rain pretty bad and my tent that has never leaked, did.(poor design of a rainfly) I'm not blaming my trusty tent. I had always stopped to look at the ENO hammocks at the sporting good stores and this made me look harder. So I started surfing and sure nuff, I ran across Shug! Thanks man. (I'll still take the tent some though)

Hammock
    ENO DoubleNest
    Tarp
    Luke's Ultralite
    Insulation
    ENO Ember
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I have been lurking for quite a while, and Hammock camping is always something that I wanted to try. Then Ran across Shug on youtube, while looking for some Alcohol Stove Videos, and the rest as they say it is history... Picked up a ENO DoubleNest Hammock about a Month ago, and am slowly getting other supplies ready. Also looking into making my own Tarp, and some other accessories! It never ends!! Loving every minute of it!

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    OMW or Dutch Wide
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopies/ Dutch
    I heard about hammock camping over at BushcraftUSA I believe which lead me here. Ran across Shug's videos and ta dah.

I only have 5 nights under my belt but it's awesome!

Shug, Dutch and all the others of this great forum, thank you so very much!

Kirk

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast