Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Hammock
    Clark NX-250 Camo
    Tarp
    Clark Vertex Camo
    well people i fell asleep in my nx250 at about 12:30am and awoke at 2:30am sore in my upper shoulders. I have broad shoulders and im almost 6ft2" tall and had noticed that when i lay flat my shoulders are pushed forwards.....i had read posts of people who had bought the clark nx250 because other hammocks squashed their shoulders in the same way so im still very glad i didnt purchase any other hammock.

i pulled the pin and went to bed inside, i could have stuck it out it wasnt to bad but i believe the suspension could have sagged and or needs work from my end to set the hammock up right, will have another go tonight,

apart from that i love it and will force myself to enjoy it as a hammock is a much better option to luggin a tent and ground mat ect. shall report back
    Clark NX-250, Warbonnet Superfly, Custom made Down, Underground Underquilt. DIY Suspension & Continuous Ridgeline.

Like Lewis & Clark: Wintrin' o/t Columbia again: PDX
    Hammock
    Clark w 2QZQ mod,Tropical, NX;Nano
    Tarp
    Clark micro
    Insulation
    Major down
    Suspension
    7/64 SK75 +strap
    Images
    IMO the NX-250 when hung to look good zipped up and unoccupied is in fact hung too tight to be as comfortable as it can be. Set it up without the hoops, measuring the ridge-line distance at a few different hang angles. Put the hoops in after you've selected the best. I've expanded on that thought in one or another thread here.

RE: Seamsealing. Clark thinks their ridgeline seam is accomplished so that sealer is unnecessary. I only get drips at mid-seam connectors for shock cord..
    Last edited by DemostiX; 12-02-2011 at 00:39. Reason: word missing

Hammock
    Clark NX-250 Camo
    Tarp
    Clark Vertex Camo
    sorry guys wimped out tonight as i didnt get to take a look at my hammock today, so i shall have to get around to it tomorrow.

Im starting to wonder if the upper shoulder and back pain that im having was actually the result of doing some work on the property the other day rather than the hammock, hope so and think so, but will report soon.
    Clark NX-250, Warbonnet Superfly, Custom made Down, Underground Underquilt. DIY Suspension & Continuous Ridgeline.

Hammock
    Clark NX-250 Camo
    Tarp
    Clark Vertex Camo

Update 1/12/11

Today i changed out the stock ropes for some 7mm cord, here are the weight figures:

Stock Suspension (with added Tree Straps)

2.1 oz (59.53grams) each Tree Straps = 4.1 oz (116.23g)

0.40 (11.33g) oz each drip rings = 0.80 oz (22.66g)

2.8 (79.37g) oz each rope = 5.6 oz (158.75g)

Total stock suspension weight = 10.5 oz (297.66g)

New Suspension

2.1 oz (59.53g) each tree strap = 4.1 oz (116.23g)

0.40 (11.33g) each drip rings = 0.80 oz (22.66g)

1.0 oz (28.34g) each new rope = 2.0 oz (56.69g)

Total new suspension weight = 6.9 oz (195.61g)

Saving of = 3.6 oz (102.05g)

I have added a 5mm full ridgeline (unattached) running through the small plastic piece and i have added 2mm cord attaching the top plastic piece with a prusik tie to the main line to pull the rain fly tight and or move it to where i want it over the hammock.

Its still a bit of a work in progress at the moment, taken away some weight and added some more. Ive also put a line of 2mm cord on the inside of the nx250 attaching the small sewn in tye's. This is what i will hang my light from. It has a small quick release hook attachment, so easy on and easy off and will pack away with the hammock.

I also have light weight clips for hanging things up on the ridgeline under the rain fly. The ridgeline ive left separate to the hammock suspension at the moment.

Im still going to work on a faster and more convenient setup for both the hammock and the ridgeline yet, as well as keeping it fast to adjust. Im using the drip rings to adjust the hammock sag by coming back through the drip ring with the end of the rope, works well.

Hopefully put some pics up soon and hoping to hang in it tonight to see how it all goes.

Hammock
    DD Travel Hammock
    Tarp
    DD Tarp
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Hi there
    I added whoopie slings to my hammock...(not a Clarks mind you). They make a huge difference IMHO to the set up.
    I'm not worried about weight... but a pair of Amsteel whoopies weighs about 40g. They don't stretch at all so the height you set at is what you sleep at.

My pack weighs 16-20kg so 100g here or there is of no consequence to me.

cheers
    Gareth

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7DL, GTUL
    Tarp
    BCUSA 10X10
    Insulation
    Yeti
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    That hammock looks really awesome! All of those pockets!
    Also the shape it gets with those poles - must be nice inside.
    Never really looked at a Clark before. Seems like a really good choice, especially when you are staying in one place for awhile. Cool stuff.

Hammock
    HH, CJH NX-250, WBBB 1.7 dbl
    Tarp
    Std, Hex, or WBSF
    Insulation
    Burrows&Incubators
    Suspension
    Poly web w/AHE buc

Sorry to hear of your shoulder discomfort.

I have never felt pinched in mine (52" chest) but as I mentioned I sleep at abour a 45 deg angle from flat on my back. Next time I am in it I will try to spend some time back-sleeping.

Demo has a point about the taughtness of the set - if too tight it might contribute to the pinching.

Jim

Hammock
    Switchback/Speer/T-Bird/WBBB/Lt Owl
    Tarp
    SF/CF/Cldburst/Oge
    Insulation
    Incub/Buro/Snugfit
    Suspension
    Cinch Straps
    The first time I set mine up, I had it too taut and it felt tight and the zipper didn't seem to work well. I went back over the instructions and noticed it said to have some sag in the middle between the poles, and then once you lay in the hammock the sag will disappear. That did the trick. I fixed it and it felt better, and the zipper worked much easier. I lay at an angle also, but I am smaller than you.
    "No whining in the woods"

Hammock
    Clark NX-250 Camo
    Tarp
    Clark Vertex Camo
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsaults View Post
    I have never felt pinched in mine (52" chest) but as I mentioned I sleep at abour a 45 deg angle from flat on my back. Next time I am in it I will try to spend some time back-sleeping.

Demo has a point about the taughtness of the set - if too tight it might contribute to the pinching.

Jim
    thanks Jim.

Hammock
    Clark NX-250 Camo
    Tarp
    Clark Vertex Camo
    Quote Originally Posted by garethw View Post
    Hi there
    I added whoopie slings to my hammock...(not a Clarks mind you). They make a huge difference IMHO to the set up.
    I'm not worried about weight... but a pair of Amsteel whoopies weighs about 40g. They don't stretch at all so the height you set at is what you sleep at.

My pack weighs 16-20kg so 100g here or there is of no consequence to me.

cheers
    Gareth
    yer the whoopies i have been thinking about, good to know they come in at 40grams though, thats under my current weight. Ive got a hunt coming up so im working on getting it right.

Regarding weight, it really depends on the terrain, and i like to be setup as light as i can, while being as equipped as i can. Ive hiked out after animals up hills to the point my legs seized and i couldnt move to get back to camp for a while, 100 grams less means a lot less to me lol thanks for the info too Gareth appreciated.
    Last edited by Camper1; 12-01-2011 at 18:14. Reason: adding more text

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast