Tarp
    Luke's Ultralite
    Insulation
    ENO Ember
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings

ENO DoubleNest with Slap Straps, or Whoopie Slings

Good Evening:

Looking for some input. Purchased a ENO DoubleNest Hammock, and picked up a set of ENO Slap Straps PRO at the same time. Then I discovered the site here, and all the Hoopla over Whoopie Slings. Wondering if this is the route I should go. It would definetely be lighter over the Slap Straps. I have seen instructions for the making of the Whoopie slings, and it doens't look like it would be to difficult.

Just looking for some suggestions on what works for you guys!

Justin

Hammock
    ENO/tablecloth
    Tarp
    wb superfly
    Insulation
    yeti,peapod(1st v
    Suspension
    whoopies treestrap
    forget the slap straps, they will stretch.....whoopies is the way to go!! long time eno user...get rid of the stock rope and biner it came with.
    Peanuts

"A womans place is on the trail"

Quote Originally Posted by peanuts View Post
    forget the slap straps, they will stretch.....whoopies is the way to go!! long time eno user...get rid of the stock rope and biner it came with.
    what he said

I did the same thing.. my ENO dbl is now just a rectangle piece of parachute material with some whoopies. Nuts how much lighter it is as well, not to mention ease of setup and the ability to fine tune your suspension.

Hammock
    BIAS camper, WW DL
    Insulation
    Diy syn. UQ
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    I hung my DoubleNest (with slapstraps) for the first time this weekend. I had already purchased some Whoopie Slings but can't remember from where.(I'll look and let ya know) Time was not on my side, or rather kids kept wanting to play and that was my priority, so the Woopie Slings didn't get dirty. The slapstraps did ok, but they stretched a ton and due to the "set" adjustments it wasn't ideal. Just my 2 cents for what it's worth.

Quote Originally Posted by tncamper View Post
    I hung my DoubleNest (with slapstraps) for the first time this weekend. I had already purchased some Whoopie Slings but can't remember from where.(I'll look and let ya know) Time was not on my side, or rather kids kept wanting to play and that was my priority, so the Woopie Slings didn't get dirty. The slapstraps did ok, but they stretched a ton and due to the "set" adjustments it wasn't ideal. Just my 2 cents for what it's worth.
    A seasoned hammocker on here showed me just how easy it was to put on my whoopies and I can't believe I've just been sitting on them for a year. Literally takes 1 to 2 mins to do.. I even took my suspension completely off and put it back on before hanging (obviously) in the field to dry out my hammock (long story), it's just too easy. Cut the the ropes and put'em on there buddy, sooner the better

Hammock
    BIAS camper, WW DL
    Insulation
    Diy syn. UQ
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    I had already purchased some Whoopie Slings but can't remember from where.(I'll look and let ya know) \\\\

Got mine from Arrowhead Equipment. I guess it's a sign I've been buying too much stuff, since I can't remember what came from where. LOL

And oddly enough, Arrowhead just put a post on with a holiday sale. $18 I think.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    I agree with what has been said already and I would say the vast majority here will say the same thing.

Whoopie slings are lighter, offer more adjustment and they do not stretch. They are easy to make but they should be made with the proper bury lengths to be as safe as possible.
    Don't let life get in the way of living.

Hammock
    ENO DoubleNest
    Tarp
    Luke's Ultralite
    Insulation
    ENO Ember
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Thank you all for the replies. This is exactly what I was thinking. I haven't setup the ENO yet, and was wondering what the best way would be, but it does appear, that the Whoopie slings will be the way I am heading. It does appear that they are easy enough to make, but I think for the first ones, I will just be ordering them, and then venture out into making some for another hammock project. Thanks for all of the input.

Hammock
    ENO DoubleNest
    Tarp
    Luke's Ultralite
    Insulation
    ENO Ember
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I do know what you mean about added weight as well. Those Carabiners, and the short section of rope that come with the ENO sure weigh a ton. They seem to be over half the weight of the hammock itself!

Justin

Hammock
    ENO DN/DIY Tablecloth
    Tarp
    AHE Toxaway
    Insulation
    Jarbidge/DIY TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by K0RPL View Post
    I do know what you mean about added weight as well. Those Carabiners, and the short section of rope that come with the ENO sure weigh a ton. They seem to be over half the weight of the hammock itself!

Justin
    Yea, I replaced mine with a continuous loop and a SMC descender ring. Much lighter and just as functional.

DYI Continuous Loops - http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=13779

SMC Ring - http://www.rei.com/product/471123/smc-descending-ring

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast