Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7
    Suspension
    Warbonnet straps

Xmas Evangelism Deal

I just noticed that Amazon has some ENO Singles for $41 shipped. I think there were two color schemes at that price and others for a bit more. A hammock could be a fine Xmas present, kill two birds with one stone. Stop worrying about what to buy them and make a possible disciple. I don't have any connection with vendors, just an idea for the times.
    "To turn from this increasingly artificial and strangely alien world is to escape from unreality. To return to the timeless world of the mountains, the sea, the forest and the stars is to return to sanity and truth." --Robert Burnham Jr.

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Guys - The OP obviously didn't intend to start a religious discussion, so please don't turn it into one. Either buy the Amazon deal or don't, but we're not going to discuss religion here. And please don't split hairs on the moderation...let's just talk about hammocks, pls.
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

Hammock
    HH Hyperlite & WBBB 1.0 Double
    Insulation
    Crowsnest/No Snive
    Images
    That is a decent price from a reputable source. They are normally $55 plus tax and shipping.

Hammock
    Bonefire™ Bridge
    Tarp
    Bonefire™ Shadow
    Insulation
    Bonefire™ UQ
    Suspension
    Bonefire™ Deluxe
    Images
    Thanks, Jeff, for the reminder.

I do think that this is a good deal if you like that style of hammock. My brother has one and enjoys it a lot. Yakfoot, thanks for the heads up.
    -Jeremy "Brother Bones"
    Quote Originally Posted by FLRider View Post
    ...he's a mountain goat crossed with a marathoner.

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7
    Suspension
    Warbonnet straps
    Well, I was thinking more in terms of hammocks and the needs and opportunities of the season. I fear that, subconsciously, I have started this thread off badly and don't want it to go off topic with a discussion of Greek which I found never helped me much in the pulpit. As a beginner I found the whole topic of suspension pretty confusing and best left alone for a while. A couple of days ago I set one of my Hennessys up with the standard rope and tree strap. Such a setup is a little slow to adjust but is simple as pie and works beautifully. I have not seen the Eno but I suspect it follows the same simple principle. After building a simple Speer design with straps I found when I tallied things up I spent more than $40. I haven't been able to inspect an Eno but I am sure that it is better than what I made.
    "To turn from this increasingly artificial and strangely alien world is to escape from unreality. To return to the timeless world of the mountains, the sea, the forest and the stars is to return to sanity and truth." --Robert Burnham Jr.

Hammock
    Bonefire™ Bridge
    Tarp
    Bonefire™ Shadow
    Insulation
    Bonefire™ UQ
    Suspension
    Bonefire™ Deluxe
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakfoot View Post
    After building a simple Speer design with straps I found when I tallied things up I spent more than $40. I haven't been able to inspect an Eno but I am sure that it is better than what I made.
    I wish I could make gear like the big names. I need more practice.
    -Jeremy "Brother Bones"
    Quote Originally Posted by FLRider View Post
    ...he's a mountain goat crossed with a marathoner.

Hammock
    DIY Knotty/Speer special, RED
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    50 extree pounds
    Suspension
    Whoopy slings
    My current DIY is closer to 10.5 feet but a little narrower. I'm wondering if this would be better or worse for my 6'2" 285 pound frame.

I'm just wondering. I've been using my DIY for quite a while now. 11 months on the 18th. But I guess when it wears out I'll just sleep in the BlackBird till the new one comes in.

Nothing wrong with spreading the word about hammocks.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MrClean417 View Post
    My current DIY is closer to 10.5 feet but a little narrower. I'm wondering if this would be better or worse for my 6'2" 285 pound frame.

I'm just wondering. I've been using my DIY for quite a while now. 11 months on the 18th. But I guess when it wears out I'll just sleep in the BlackBird till the new one comes in.

Nothing wrong with spreading the word about hammocks.
    im 6-4 and am finally happy in my DIY 12' hammock.
    "Tenting is equivalent to a bum crawling into a cardboard box, hammocking is an art" KK

Hammock
    Warbonnet Traveler 1.7
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    Phoenix,Shenandoah
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakfoot View Post
    and make a possible disciple.
    Do you ever worry that if you convert too many people that you'll run out of available trees to hang from? I used to want everyone to want to play outside as much as I do. Eventually I realized it's better for the majority to stay at home on their couches while I enjoy an uncrowded wilderness.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Derizen View Post
    Do you ever worry that if you convert too many people that you'll run out of available trees to hang from? I used to want everyone to want to play outside as much as I do. Eventually I realized it's better for the majority to stay at home on their couches while I enjoy an uncrowded wilderness.
    On my last trip to the Sipsey Wilderness- last Oct- counting my group of 2 hammocks and 1 tent- I saw more hammocks than I did tents. One hammock hung at the base of a cliff in an other wise impossible place to camp. I talked to one of the hangers when we passed their camp. I think they had ENOs with add on nets. Surprisingly, they had never heard of HF until I told them. So, I think hammock camping has grown by leaps and bounds.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast