Tarp
    Zpacks Cuban
    Insulation
    3S Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies

HG Incubator on a JRB Bridge?

Hey all,
    I've been thinking of trying a JRB Bridge hammock. I already have an HG Incubator UQ, so would prefer to be able to use it instead of buying another UQ.

JRBs UQs are said to be 78"x48". The HG Incubator is 78"x44". Has anyone used an Incubator with the JRB Bridge? See any problems adapting them together?

Thanks

Hammock
    kbwaddy
    Tarp
    valesko
    Insulation
    ahurst
    Suspension
    dutch
    i've done it with great success... might want to tweak the UQ suspension lines--- i actually cut the continuous shocky so i had 2 separate "rails"with a loop in each end to attach to each side of the spreader bars. super warm, works awesome.
    "Jeff-Becking"

DOWNTOWN BROWN!!!!

Hammock
    Dangerbird
    Tarp
    Zpacks Cuban
    Insulation
    3S Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Thanks for that info Jeff. I kinda figured I'd have to adapt the shock cording. I have a WBBB that I currently use the Incubator with. I'm thinking I could adapt the Incubators shock cording in such a way as to be able to use it with either hammock.

Hammock
    kbwaddy
    Tarp
    valesko
    Insulation
    ahurst
    Suspension
    dutch
    yeah, i've actually found 2 separate rails useful and easy to work with, esp. with the eyes in each end.

my uses bumped the incubator back n forth between the bridge and wbbb-- each again with great success. i ended up using a prussick loop knot to join each length of shockcord together at the respective head and foot end... this allowed easy adjustment and connection to gathered ends, and was easily removable for the bmbh.

have fun, stay warm!
    "Jeff-Becking"

DOWNTOWN BROWN!!!!

I use mini carabiners to clip the incubator on BMBH where the loops are on the BMBH.
    I tried 3 diff ways and all three ways work great..
    I will set it up and take some pics of the diff way later today and post the pics because I really am terrible at explaining clearly..

This works best, ( for me)
    I use mini carabiners on the shock cord on the Incubator and attach to the 4 loops on the BMBH.
    The pic quality is poor but you can see what I'm getting at.

Last edited by spaceweaseal; 12-07-2011 at 11:02.

Hammock
    BMBH / WB Traveler
    Tarp
    Depends
    Insulation
    GH Incub/JRB Sniv
    Suspension
    1" webbing
    trailryder42, I use an incubator for both my traveler & BMBH. Works flawlessly for both with virtually no fiddle factor. I have a short piece of 1/8" shock cord attached to the four outside grosgrain loops on the incubator with an "S" hook at the end that simply & quickly hooks to the spreader bar rings. Fits perfectly with a few inches covering the bottom of the endcaps. Mini biners as suggested work well also but I only had the 2 that came with incubator so I went cheap with a set of 4 "S" hooks from Home Depot for under $2. Just make sure you fit the right ends as the incubator does have a foot & head end.

Since I use for both styles of hammock I did not cut continuous shock cord in the incubator, it is already cut at one end. I simply undid the factory knot & installed cord locks on both ends for easy adjustment on the BMBH then overhand knot back when I switch to GE hammock. Srry no pictures, I'm a technical tard.
    Last edited by Swingblade; 12-07-2011 at 12:39.
    The older I get the better I used to be. Superhero status is near.

Quote Originally Posted by trailryder42 View Post
    Hey all,
    I've been thinking of trying a JRB Bridge hammock. I already have an HG Incubator UQ, so would prefer to be able to use it instead of buying another UQ.

JRBs UQs are said to be 78"x48". The HG Incubator is 78"x44". Has anyone used an Incubator with the JRB Bridge? See any problems adapting them together?

Thanks
    they work together quite well.

On the back of the JRB bridge hammock there is some line so you can tie the bugnet back when it isn't needed. those pcs line up perfectly with the loops on the incubator. No need to use the carabiners there. You will only need them on the 4 corners.
    'Classic.' A book which people praise and don't read.” ― Mark Twain

Who cares about showers, gourmet food, using flush toilets. Just keep on walking and being away from it all.

There are times that the only way you can do something is to do it alone.

Hammock
    Dangerbird
    Tarp
    Zpacks Cuban
    Insulation
    3S Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Thanks all for the great info. Looks like acquiring a JRB Bridge is a done deal then.

• + New Posts