Tarp
    MC SpinntexDeLux
    Insulation
    MW3,Yeti,HGsb,UL90
    Suspension
    WS
    Images

Newbie questions??

Purchased my 1st hammock. A Hennessey Ultralight Asym Backpacker model.
    Hung it up for a set-up test run in ~10C, mild breeze (~15 knots). Took a short ride/nap in the hammock. Real cool in terms of comfort and temperature. The wind and inexperience added a bit of time to set up. While dealing with a flying hammock the concepts of the SnakeSkins was becoming more appealing. If this would have a real world situation with a heavy rainfall the process would have not been fun. Thinking real serious about a set of SnakeSkins.

Will definitely use some form of sleeping pad for warmth in cool conditions, to keep from sticking in humid warm conditions and for mosquito bite protection. Question #1: Would the thermarest Z-pad I own work for cool conditions? If so, how cool with the appropriate bag for the air temps? Question #2: Has anyone try the Pacific Outdoor tropic sleeping pad in warm muggy conditions? Will this pad provide adequate warmth for mild air temps (+15C)? Any other suggestions for warm humid conditions to reduce the stick to bottom, getting bite by mosquito situation that may occur? Question #3: What has been your favorite pad, for what conditions and why?

Question #4: How durable is the silicone waterproofing treatment? Was wondering how the treatment stands up to UV at altitude and closer to the equator?

Question #5: For Hennessy users, do you feel the additional coverage of the hex fly is worth the extra weight and $$s? Guessing the additional hex fly coverage would be nice under rainy conditions allowing your gear to stay drier, changing cloths, boiling up some water for a warm drink.

Hammock
    HH Expo and a ENO double
    Images
    1. Z-pad (I have one and it is good into the high 40's)
    2. NA
    3. I use a thermarest mil pad, with one of 3 Big Agnes bags (lost ranger bag and pad high 20's)
    4. Been using mine for years and have never retreated it, as for heat I live in GA some times I think I am on the equator.
    5. The hex is the best buy I ever made. It will make you throw the old one in the trash and not care a bit.

Hope this helps a bit..
    CK
    I trust everyone, it is the devil in side them i dont trust.
    (Sua Sponte)

• + New Posts