Tarp
    custom pentagon
    Insulation
    down hammock or UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Mantis
    Images

Pronest

I was interested in getting an ENO hammock based on good reviews, and was going to get the Double based on most reviewers using the Doublenest. However, I just saw that they came out with the Pronest, which looks great for saving weight.

Does anybody have any experience with the Pronest yet?

Also, can anybody tell me what the practical differences are between the Single and Doublenests - aside from obvious specs - since the Pronest is more in line with the Singlenest?

Note - I have a Hennessy UL Explorer and have decided that I mostly don't need the netting and I like the simplicity of the ENO caribiner setup (I'm already using the slapstraps). And I already have a non-Hennessy tarp.

Hammock
    DIY zHammock / WB BlackBird
    Tarp
    MacCat Spinntex
    Insulation
    JRB Quilts, GG Pad
    I can say that although I have not yet used, seen, smelted the Pronest, I have a fair amount of experience with the single nest. It is fairly comfortable to lay in. I have found that, at least for me, its more comfortable to layer parallel instead of on the digional in this narrow of a hammock. This is not to say you couldn't, but i got too much of a banna curve in that setup (maybe too much sag on my part).

The parctical differences too me would be, that it is a smaller hammock, you can use a larger variety of tarps. This was one reason I went to a DIY hammock.
    NREMT-B, WEMT
    CPR goes up and down, up and down......because my patient's dead.
    Hanger Fromally Known as Ghost93.

Hammock
    SuperiorGear or Dutch netless
    Tarp
    custom pentagon
    Insulation
    down hammock or UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Mantis
    Images

laying diagonal

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog View Post
    I can say that although I have not yet used, seen, smelted the Pronest, I have a fair amount of experience with the single nest. It is fairly comfortable to lay in. I have found that, at least for me, its more comfortable to layer parallel instead of on the digional in this narrow of a hammock. This is not to say you couldn't, but i got too much of a banna curve in that setup (maybe too much sag on my part).

The parctical differences too me would be, that it is a smaller hammock, you can use a larger variety of tarps. This was one reason I went to a DIY hammock.
    I already find using a pad in my Hennessy to be tricky. Do you think using a pad in a narrow hammock like the Single/Pronest is much worse. Perhaps better if you're using it parallel? Better because its top-loading?

Hammock
    DIY zHammock / WB BlackBird
    Tarp
    MacCat Spinntex
    Insulation
    JRB Quilts, GG Pad
    Quote Originally Posted by scope View Post
    I already find using a pad in my Hennessy to be tricky. Do you think using a pad in a narrow hammock like the Single/Pronest is much worse. Perhaps better if you're using it parallel? Better because its top-loading?

No, I actualluy think its better, depending on the pad. If its an Inflatable, then yes, I feel it would be easier to use, since all you have to do is sit on it and twist your body into psotion. Most inflatables are nylon, you don't have too worry about wrestleing with the pad nearly as much as say a Gossamer Gear 1/4 wide thinlight ccfp. Although beware that with a narrower hammock, laying parallel will result in more noticalbe shoulder squezze. Although this really doesn't bother me all that much.

I actually just went and set up my ENO single nest and found that useing my old Threm-a-Rest Prolite 4 REG, i was quite comfortable, and I think the pad help mitagate the shoulder squezze. perhaps our very own Slowhike will chim in, as I believe this is how he does his setup.
    Last edited by Bulldog; 05-13-2008 at 12:14.
    NREMT-B, WEMT
    CPR goes up and down, up and down......because my patient's dead.
    Hanger Fromally Known as Ghost93.

Hammock
    ENO double nest
    Tarp
    DIY 8x 10 silnylon
    Insulation
    50* p pod
    Images
    pad will definitely reduce shoulder squeeze.

Images
    looks to be the same fabric, just shorter (possibly narrower than the singlenest) only 8' long. that is pretty short, if you are worried that much about weight, just get a hammock made from a lighter material. simply reducing the length and width of the hammock to save weight seems silly. i doubt it will be as comfy as a 9-10' long hammock, or however long their others are.

and what's up with the binding? they just ran a biner through the end hem, but it says that they redesigned the end to reduce weight. how does adding 2 biners where there were none before reduce weight?

Hammock
    GT Double Hammock
    Tarp
    Funky Forest Tarp

hmmm...

ok, please don't take this as slinging mud, becuase i'm not...we have talked about this product at length within my company and here is what we think...again, just our thoughts...

Why would you pay more for less?? The weight is not significant in terms of being reduced. They are basically taking the single ENO hammock and making it smaller and charging more...we're not talking about a sil fabric...it's the SAME thing, just less....

Hammock
    ENO double nest
    Tarp
    DIY 8x 10 silnylon
    Insulation
    50* p pod
    Images
    no, there are different carabiners, which are lightweight, and presumably more expensive.

sorry to bust bubble, CHO

Hammock
    GT Double Hammock
    Tarp
    Funky Forest Tarp
    i think that will be my new trail name "bubble boy" :-)

you might be right Whitefoot, it just seems like a play on words and the wallet to me...

Hammock
    ENO Singlenest
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    JRB Hudson River
    What does everyone think about the 96 inch length of this hammock? Is that enough for a 6' person and pad?

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast