Quote Originally Posted by Nojack View Post
I am about 6' and 180 lbs, I currently use a HHULBA and have been very happy with it. I, too, have considered a Zipper mod. Recently, I convinced my hiking partner to try hammock camping. He purchased a double layer BB(he is around 5'9" 240lbs) from Wbonnet and I was able to try it out. I would say that the material feels silky soft (to me) and the interior was more roomy than the HH, the shelf is a nice feature compared to the HH ridgeline organizer hitting me in the head. I have been seriously considering purchasing a WBBB because of all of its options. But I really like some of my HH options, too.

A point that may have been mentioned before on this thread is the HH's bottom entry has its benefits that I have experienced. 1.) A smaller tarp is sufficient when you do not need room for top entry. 2.) When mosquitos are bad, I like the idea of opening the bottom entry and shoving stuff in quickly, as well as being able to sit in and sit back and it is sealed.

Bottom line: If you can afford to puchase a WBBB and keep you HH setup, you will have options that your trip may determine.

haha, thats a good point on needing some more room for a side entry. Its funny the things you never think of until you try a system. So simple and seemingly obvious.

Also, a side note - I had difficulty attaching the fly directly to the whoopie slings. The problem is that the prusiks wanted to lie directly on top of the sheath for the bury. With some planning, I suppose it would be possible to make the bury at the proper distance so it would work. What I tried to do was make really long prusiks that started past the bury and reached the fly. Problem there was any tension on the prusiks pulled the sheath closer to the hammock and effectively loosened it, making the hammock drop to the ground. Also, long prusiks meant you could "pull" the fly the length of the prusik to either side when you stake it out. Meaning my 6inch prusiks allowed 6 inches of side to side play in the tarp depending on how you pitched it. I cant figure a way to make it work without remaking some whoopies.