Hammock
    HH Hyperlite BE
    Tarp
    HH Diamond asym
    Insulation
    thinlight + breeze
    Suspension
    whoopies
    thank you for all the replies! Im going to have a hard time responding to them all personally, but i am going to try!

Quote Originally Posted by Law Dawg (ret) View Post
    2QZQ can sew up the "birth canal" too. I considered a Hennessy (still do at times) with the 2QZQ mod that allows the netting to bve totally unzipped. I'd guess that both sides could also be opened enough to just adjust the UQ easily. That said the WBBB is a fine hammock and the shelf is my favorite feature...well that and the ties that now allow you to tie the netting out of the way.
    thanks for the reccomendation on sewing up the birth canal, i hadnt noticed that before!

Quote Originally Posted by rodwolfy View Post
    I'm shorter than you & much heavier. The lay is great & you'll still use the footbox.
    thanks for the personal reccomendation!

Quote Originally Posted by mattyg View Post
    Its only one tie out per side. As for not reaching the foot box at your hieght i dont think it would be a problem. I love my wbbb but ive never been in a hennesesy. My wbbb is fairly soft it slicker feeling than taffeta.
    i was figuring the fabric felt different, thanks. i guess i may have to sacrifice that. good to know it is only one tie out per side

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceDog View Post
    I have both. I've slept in the WBBB for the past two nights.

I'm 5'6, 160 and the size is perfect. Lots of room and the material is really comfortable.

I love my HH and it's pretty much bomb proof, however the WBBB is coming with me on my thru hike.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Jeff View Post
    A lot of people switch from HH to Warbonnet. Not many people switch from Warbonnet to HH. Draw your own conclusion from that.

I have two of both, and like them all. But the Warbonnet comes with me on hikes and the HHs get loaned out.
    Im sensing a trend here..maybe i should have posted this in the HH forum

Quote Originally Posted by Gary_R View Post
    I mainly use my HH with the 2QZQ mod. I prefer it over the WB at the moment.
    If I were you I would have the Mod done (4 rocks) and give it a go.
    If your still not sure go to a local hang and try a WB out.

And on a side note, if at a later date you decide you prefer the WB.
    Having the 2QZQ mod will just make the HH sell faster.
    I like the thought, but if i were to drop the money on the 2qzq mod, the cost of that would be not much more than the difference in selling what i have now and buying a blackbird..which makes it hard to justify. especially just for simplicity's/weights sake. I liek using a hammock the way it was designed, without a feature removed and covered up. also, adding a zipper would add some weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post
    Yes, you need one. If you want to save weight get a WB Traveler as well.
    i dont know that im that much of a gram weenie! if i was, i might just go with a gt nano (i think that would be the lightest option?)! i like the idea of being able to seal myself in and have some room!

im thinking i may end up trying to come up with a blackbird, and sell my hennessy. It seems like it would probably not change things much, but at the least will only make them better. Ultimately i think i need to come up with a zipper i believe and i think the best way to do that would be to get a wbbb. that way, i can add a nice footbox and get some additional headroom and more convenient storage while im at it.

Thanks for the help so far everyone! i will certainly entertain further advice!

Hammock
    HH Hyperlite BE
    Tarp
    HH Diamond asym
    Insulation
    thinlight + breeze
    Suspension
    whoopies
    also, is it possible to contact warbonnet and purchase just the hammock body, without the suspension? has anyone tried this? or at least without the webbing straps?

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.1 dbl/ Traveler 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    Toxaway & Bullfrog
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Never tried but it can't hurt to ask Brandon.

Hammock
    Switchback/Speer/T-Bird/WBBB/Lt Owl
    Tarp
    SF/CF/Cldburst/Oge
    Insulation
    Incub/Buro/Snugfit
    Suspension
    Cinch Straps
    Sounds like you have the WBBB fever, you may as well just get one. You won't sleep at night pondering it.
    "No whining in the woods"

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    BMJ w/pullouts
    Insulation
    Phoenix/Incubator
    Suspension
    Huggers/whoopies
    Not using the tie out on the shelf side will make the shelf unusable but not affect the rest of the hammock. The other tie out is simply to make the hammock more spacious. One of the draws for me towards the WBBB was how spacious it felt, but you can certainly get away without them.

I'm 5'9" and I use the footbox every hang. It absolutely changes the lay. It's fairly comfortable already, but the footbox allows for a really flat lay. I can even sleep on my side or stomach, although I do prefer sleeping on my back.

One draw back is that you will only be able to adjust your uq from within the BB on the entry side. You will have to exit to reach the shelf side. This has rarely bothered me once I learned to make sure to get it hanging correctly before going to bed. You can reach the head end channel which is all I really have to do once I get it snugged up well.

Good luck.
    "The Road goes ever on and on,
    Down from the door where it began.
    Now far ahead the Road has gone,
    And I must follow, if I can.
    Pursuing it with eager feet
    Until it joins some larger way
    Where many paths and errands meet.
    And whither then? I cannot say."
    ~Bilbo Baggins - LotR

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Dutch Asym Xenon
    Suspension
    Whoopies/UHMWPE
    I always look at my 2 HH Expeds as my entry level hammocks. Like a Swiss army knife, they are rugged and do lots of things well. The WBBB, however, is a specialty item with a focus on light weight, comfort, and accessorizability. I would gladly pass my HH on to my boys, but you'll have to pry my Blackbird from my cold dead hands. Shelf+ Footbox+ Weight+ Top Entry+ Function+

I have nothing wrong with my Hennessey, it's a big step above tenting. But the only way I would now enjoy my Exped would be if my BB was lost and I had the ZQ2Q top entry mod.
    Please enter your signature here.

Hammock
    HH Hyperlite BE
    Tarp
    HH Diamond asym
    Insulation
    thinlight + breeze
    Suspension
    whoopies
    thanks again for the continued advice.

I talked to Brandon about buying a blackbird without the suspension, he said he'd take $5 off. Same deal I've heard from Hennessy as well, i should have guessed. I think I'll probably be trying to pick up a used one here if i can sometime in the near future

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Camo
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Actually, I was planning on switching out my suspension when I got my WBBB. I ended up liking it, as it was so much easier to set up the height adjustments (with the triangle buckles). It was worth the extra few ounces to me.

Even if you had to pay the extra $5 for the suspension, I'd do it again. You can use the poly straps for something else and switch them out for whoopies.

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I wouldn't say not using the shelf tie-out makes the shelf unusable. I took the tie-outs off my WBBB bc I never use them, but I always use the shelf. Putting heavy stuff in there makes it lean against me, which isn't very comfortable, but anything less than a liter of water and my headlamp is fine.

Just different strokes for different folks. I ended up rarely using the tie-outs on the HH either.
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

Hammock
    Traveler with HNO AirShip
    Tarp
    HNO AirShip
    Insulation
    Leiglo 5/50
    Suspension
    Everything Dutch
    Images