Hammock
    Warbonnet BB!
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    JRB HR (2)

Ordered my Hudson River yesterday

I was surprised to find my spending incentive from the IRS hit my bank sometime over the weekend. It must have finished processing Monday as it didn't show up when I paid a bill Sunday and checked to see if I could order before the end of the sale. So I was resigned to the poor luck of the IRS being slow as heck to complete a direct deposit and paying full price.

The Jacks were smiling on me when I ordered last night - the sale price was still there. I fully expected (and would have paid) an extra invoice for the difference due to the sale being over, but there was a shipping notice in my email this morning. Thank you, JRB! You totally made my day. My whole week if it shows up before the memorial day outing.

Hammock
    WL Night Owl
    Tarp
    WL Old Man Winter
    Insulation
    Quilts + Body Fat
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    They've actually extended the sale until the 29th. 5 days before I get paid. I need to order another quilt on pay day.

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB!
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    JRB HR (2)
    I noticed that they updated the website to say they extended the sale... it didn't say that when I ordered, tho, so it still seemed like Christmas early or something. I like surprises.

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    JRB 10X11, MacCat
    Insulation
    Snugfit, 2 JRBs
    Images
    I, too, ordered a Hudson River Underquilt to fit my new Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock in the hopes that my girlfriend/significant other will join me on some overnights.

I have to tell you that the Jack's are the greatest!! Their customer service is top notch and they go out of their way to help with great advice. They actually talked me out of buying one of their products because they felt that I probably wouldn't need it for the kind of backpacking/hanging that I do and also called to let me know that I ordered something extra that I didn't need. Another company might have just taken my $.

At the MAHHA hangs, both Jacks go out of their way to help people with their hammock set ups, regardless of what brands they are using, and their love of hiking, backpacking and hammock hanging really comes through in the way they dole out advice to anyone who asks.

Usual disclaimer...I am not connected with JRB other than owning some of their products and I also own a Speer Hammock and underquilt...yada, yada, yada.

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB!
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    JRB HR (2)
    Got the quilt today! Am v. excited - it looks like some quality quilting, definitely worth buying rather than attempting a kit myself. I am seeing forecasts of storms all over California, so am considering a shorter journey than I originally planned; I'm thinking of seeing about getting one of the first come first served permits to get into the lower elevation Yosemite trails for a night, instead of the more ambitious hike I was planning to get away from Memorial Day crowds. Just so I can use the quilt.

Hammock
    JRB Bear Mtn. Bridge
    Tarp
    BlackCat/JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    Pad(s)/JRB Quilts
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lori View Post
    Got the quilt today! Am v. excited - it looks like some quality quilting, definitely worth buying rather than attempting a kit myself. I am seeing forecasts of storms all over California, so am considering a shorter journey than I originally planned; I'm thinking of seeing about getting one of the first come first served permits to get into the lower elevation Yosemite trails for a night, instead of the more ambitious hike I was planning to get away from Memorial Day crowds. Just so I can use the quilt.
    Ah to hammock in Yosemite....Drool....... Pushing 30 years since I've been there.
    "Every day above ground is a good day"

• + New Posts