DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    UGQ H11/12 WD11
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies w/ ET's
    Images
    I might be interested, not that far a drive....
    Happy Hangin'

Paul - Master Fabric Welder @ UGQ

>>>VISIT UGQ OUTDOOR HERE<<<

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ
    Insulation
    UGQ
    Always a conflict.
    I'll be down at the 47th annual Hocking Hills Winter Hike on Jan 21st.

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Luke's LB HG hex
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    SlingRings/Straps
    Images
    I'm down! I didn't get as much info to help find the spot as I wanted to. I was drivin on fumes on the way out so I didn't stop and get reverse pics at every turn. I did get a few pics and a video of the dirt road up, parking lot, and hike into the spot. I'll post it when I get my router straightened out at home.
    "He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Please check out the link below to show your love for hammocks!www.zazzle.com/hammocklife

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    webbing and rings
    Quote Originally Posted by DivaB View Post
    Late January and February are scary in Ohio for winter coldness. No promises yet on my end because winter is hard on me, but please tell me what I need from head to toe, or I guess that should be head to hammock to survive such a hang? Also, what do you all do all day long to stay warm?

Would Moe.Z be coming???
    The best part of the location of this hang is it is a 3 minute walk to the campsite from the parking lot.

You can bring the kitchen sink to keep you warm (think sweaters, winter jackets, parkas, pants, snuggies, comforters, socks, socks, socks, blankets, etc. etc. etc.) Bring a whole bin of fluffy stuff and drag it to the site if you like. Keep the trunk of the car filled with clothing and other warm stuff too if you like.

The Mt. Roger's Winter Hang thread has some great tips on staying warm as well.

Don't let cold weather hammocking scare anyone off. This will be a great opportunity to see how others do it and to try it out yourself (as you can bring items you'd never be able to hike in to a traditional backpacking location).

Quote Originally Posted by HamMike View Post
    I'm down! I didn't get as much info to help find the spot as I wanted to. I was drivin on fumes on the way out so I didn't stop and get reverse pics at every turn. I did get a few pics and a video of the dirt road up, parking lot, and hike into the spot. I'll post it when I get my router straightened out at home.

I hear that! My check gauges light came on before I hit OH-97 again.. I was skeered

Directions are really easy written out once you know where it is you're going. Exit 165 and turn right onto OH 97. Follow Rt. 97 through Butler, turning accordingly. Once out of town turn left on OH 3 (I think.. or C.R.3?) Follow until across the covered bridge. Once across first covered bridge turn left at first stop sign. (Signs should indicate Forestry Office is to the right and camping straight ahead) Follow rd. down until you're at park entrance. Turn right. Follow the road straight and keep on county road 3006.. when it veers left, stay straight.. once it turns dirt you're getting close. No more turns after here, road ends at the trail head.

Those tidbits along with the printed directions from google should get you there. Make sure you have gas going in, don't come in low. Bring a box of handwarmers and sleep on them Diva garauntee you'll stay warm!

Hammock
    HH Exped
    Tarp
    HH Hex
    Insulation
    Potomac
    Suspension
    Mostly stock
    From Columbus or Cleveland it is probably easier to get off on SR 39. Right after you pass through Perrysville, turn right at the VFW onto CR 917. That sort of dead ends/curves at an odd triangle intersection. If you go right on 3006 and take the first left, you get to the forest service center to register. If you go left on 3006, you get to the parking area. That's the way my GPS takes me and it is super easy. There is also a gas station in Perrysville which is only like 5 minutes from the parking area.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 Dbl xlc
    Tarp
    HG cuben
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Dutch bkls
    I noticed Verizon service at the camp so that might help with directing some folks in.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    webbing and rings
    Quote Originally Posted by platypus42 View Post
    From Columbus or Cleveland it is probably easier to get off on SR 39. Right after you pass through Perrysville, turn right at the VFW onto CR 917. That sort of dead ends/curves at an odd triangle intersection. If you go right on 3006 and take the first left, you get to the forest service center to register. If you go left on 3006, you get to the parking area. That's the way my GPS takes me and it is super easy. There is also a gas station in Perrysville which is only like 5 minutes from the parking area.
    +1

This is the way I went home. It was much easier than going through the park itself.

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Luke's LB HG hex
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    SlingRings/Straps
    Images
    Make sure you stop and self register at the kiosk. One of the rangers was at the trailhead when I came out and asked if we had registered and said if you don't leave the pass on your dash then they can tow your car. We want to make sure we are always welcome.
    "He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Please check out the link below to show your love for hammocks!www.zazzle.com/hammocklife

Hammock
    DIY Extra Wide &amp; Long Tablecloth
    Tarp
    Funky &amp; GG Tarps
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ
    Suspension
    continuous L. Amst
    What better way to celebrate my birthday than to freeze my butt off with a bunch of friends that are just as equally nuts in one way or another?
    Secret wine and cheese party anyone?

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast