Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Images
    Aw, man! Me and mexicanhammocks were just starting to get along! Shucky-darn....

I agree qChan...LOL! I think it is more professional when the manufacturers come to the forum for input, and give feedback to us. It is a special relationship that is quite unique! When people come here to spam, they stick out like a sore thumb!

Hammock
    Homemade asym
    Tarp
    Homemade blackcat
    Insulation
    JRB Hudson River
    It's usually pretty obvious they won't be comming back when they post links in their first post.

It's lame. I thought we were all starting to get along with him so well.

Hammock Season!

Sounds like some serious hammock time is needed here...might I suggest some chill time in a hammock!?

What a weekend coming up! Forecast is hot and sunny and I will be hanging out in my family hammock. About time too, because last month was terrible for weather and couldn't get much hammock time in.

Enjoy

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Haha! excellent, on-topic comment responding to qchan and narwhalin, Mexican Hammocks....
    (sarcasm isn't in my dictionary, by the way)...

I obviously haven't been around for too long but have been cruising the threads quite a bit and this is the first spam I've seen. Does it happen often?

-Will

Hammock
    Homemade asym
    Tarp
    Homemade blackcat
    Insulation
    JRB Hudson River
    It happens alot on some message boards. Not on others.

Images
    No, the manufacuters (and those affiliated with them) that post around here are very good about staying on topic, and offering advice that is so valuable that to come on here and shamelessly plug your product looks silly. Thanks to the manufacturers that have given so much to the hammock community!

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalin View Post
    No, the manufacuters (and those affiliated with them) that post around here are very good about staying on topic, and offering advice that is so valuable that to come on here and shamelessly plug your product looks silly.
    Everyone can rest assured that any vendors that post links to their products, and whose posts are not removed, have either been in contact with the moderators or their posts are being scrutinized for ad-content. This forum has a unique community and a nicely informal relationship with the vendors that interact here. That will not be ruined by drive-by advertisers.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Qchan - according to the number of links mexican hammock has in his postings i guess you are right :-)

Regarding the thimbles i bought now the version with thimble. Yes the thimble is in the loop of the mexican hammock - see the foto.

I have a rope with carabiners and the carabiner only touch the thimble, so i gues s this solution should really prolong the hammocks life. At least i hope so

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by flowerpower View Post
    Qchan - according to the number of links mexican hammock has in his postings i guess you are right :-)

Regarding the thimbles i bought now the version with thimble. Yes the thimble is in the loop of the mexican hammock - see the foto.

I have a rope with carabiners and the carabiner only touch the thimble, so i gues s this solution should really prolong the hammocks life. At least i hope so
    Hey... maybe that thimble would be a good place to tie off & make adjustments on both ends of a backpacking hammock???
    I believe some of the smaller thimbles are pretty light.
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Hammock
    Homemade asym
    Tarp
    Homemade blackcat
    Insulation
    JRB Hudson River
    I've seen those before. My dad has a hammock that we bough in mexico and is has some of those. It seems to really save the rope. His hammock still shows no sign of use at the ends. Mine isn't lookin so good.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12