Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weather!!!!!!!

Images

Weather!!!!!!!

Looks like the cold weather is back ! and the hhul just hit town this morning so the postal serves is saying. I will have it about 4pm. man it took it a long time to come 3200 miles.
    might have to have a sleep out hum, I mean testing phase tonight. looks like im going to have to get started on that under quilt fast till later. peace
    Bear bait what??? Your It!!!!!!!!

Images
    Good luck testing. Let us know how it goes.
    Is that too much to ask? Girls with frikkin' lasers on their heads?
    The hanger formly known as "hammock engineer".

Images

testing

start 41 degrees 9mile per hour wind dont remember direction but any who.blue jeans, socks, shirt and jacket for pilow .plus -25 bag and thermarest inflatable. hard to get use to at first then good and warm .sleep for about 1.45 mins then woke up with cold knees and one shoulder got out lowered tarp.30 more min. no better ,final temp was 29 wind never layed that I know of, but never got cold. just the parts that came off the thermrest .can't stand that thermarest.

finding :will make under cover and top cover tomorrow last night to test then back to work.

Images
    I can sympathize with you Breeze, Thermarest's in the hammock just are not comfortable. I tried it last fall up north at my in-laws place while visiting one weekend. The pad Sgt. Rock uses is slightly better which I guess is similar to the Speer SPE. But as noted by someone else, I also noted for myself that the pad had a tendency to migrate out from under me as I moved during the night.

You will get it figured out just as I am doing here with my underquilt arrangement.

TOG

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner, Dangerbird
    Tarp
    Big Daddy
    Insulation
    HG 3 Season/IX UQ
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by The Breeze View Post
    start 41 degrees 9mile per hour wind dont remember direction but any who.blue jeans, socks, shirt and jacket for pilow .plus -25 bag and thermarest inflatable. hard to get use to at first then good and warm .sleep for about 1.45 mins then woke up with cold knees and one shoulder got out lowered tarp.30 more min. no better ,final temp was 29 wind never layed that I know of, but never got cold. just the parts that came off the thermrest .can't stand that thermarest.

finding :will make under cover and top cover tomorrow last night to test then back to work.
    I've found the secret to using the Thermarest is to hardly inflate it at all. It still provides plenty of insulation but conforms to your body and the hammock much better. It probably also helps that I have a double bottomed Claytor Jungle Hammock (Happy Neo?) which keeps it in place very well.

Miguel

Hammock
    JRB Bear Mtn. Bridge
    Tarp
    BlackCat/JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    Pad(s)/JRB Quilts
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Miguel View Post
    I've found the secret to using the Thermarest is to hardly inflate it at all. It still provides plenty of insulation but conforms to your body and the hammock much better. It probably also helps that I have a double bottomed Claytor Jungle Hammock (Happy Neo?) which keeps it in place very well.

Miguel
    I use the Thermarest Ridgerest pad either by itself or on top of a 3/8 Wally World pad along with my SPE. Very comfy.
    "Every day above ground is a good day"

Images

all that

how do you get in it by the time i get pad, bag and me there anit much room?I run about 6foot 190 pounds plus getting in and out with the pad man. any tips would be good . looks like 20s with snow might just have to sleep out side .

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    have you tried using your sleeping bag like a quilt?
    just lay on the thermarest, pull the open sleeping bag over you (zipper down) & tuck it in on the sides. your feet will still be in the foot box.
    a lot of people find that a lot easier to deal w/ than trying to get inside the bag & zip it up.
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Images

bag

Cool beans I will try that tonight working on under quilt right now .

Images

testing

ok 12ish last night pants socks shirt and long under wear shirt thermarest and -25 bag temp. when starting it was 27 degrees, sleep good for a few hours then woke up with cold knees. slide sleep but slow hike gave me the idea to sleep with the bag unzipped like a quilt and that helped alot. still need that underquilt it was 38 in side the hammonk but when i got up at 5 and went in the house it was 23 outside plus slit wind .did I say cold ? thats the bad part about sleeping in your cloths you do not have may layer to put on when you get up after you body has goten use to all these clothes and your bag so when you loose the bag its cold as a well diggers @ well you get the point . what to do?what to do?

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast