WARBONNET 1.1 DOUBLE, DIY BRIDGE
    Tarp
    DIY ARGON CAMO/BMJ
    Insulation
    DIY DOWN TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    STRAPS/BUCKLES
    Quote Originally Posted by NHbreeze View Post
    I had so many repairs that had to be made to the bike while in SD last week and still it needed more. I had to cut my vacation short and return to NH. I did however made sure I cruised by Sheridan Lake. Just as beautiful as I remember it in 2010. Sorry I'll miss you all.
    sorry to hear about the bike problems, that sucks you had to cut your vacations short even if you couldn't make the hang, i think we're gonna try and turn it into an annual event so hopefully there will always be "next year"

Quote Originally Posted by sr1355 View Post
    Are we there yet....
    .........almost........just over the next hill and around one more corner

boot
    The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us. ~Bill Watterson

Hammock
    DangerBird 72
    Tarp
    Kelty 12' for now
    Insulation
    UGQ Zeppelin 20°
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling, DIY
    Anyone want to carpool from the twin cities? I'll be traveling by car since the bike has a gas leak.

08-11-12 8:39 PM
    Room for 1 passenger with gear, sorry I don't think there'd be room for more than that.
    Last edited by SteveJJ; 08-11-2012 at 20:39.

Hammock
    DangerBird 72
    Tarp
    Kelty 12' for now
    Insulation
    UGQ Zeppelin 20°
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling, DIY
    Bump -

It's next weekend folks! Are you ready?

Hammock
    Darien UL, Ridgerunner, DIY
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Cuben
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear UQ,TQ
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveJJ View Post
    Bump -

It's next weekend folks! Are you ready?
    Ready, set, go
    "nature speaks in the silence between words"
    www.mustexplore.blogspot.com

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    UGQ H11/12 WD11
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies w/ ET's
    Images
    1,150 miles door to camp.... I'm heading out Wednesday morning and should roll in Friday lunch time if all goes well.... Taking the road less travelled...
    Happy Hangin'

Paul - Master Fabric Welder @ UGQ

>>>VISIT UGQ OUTDOOR HERE<<<

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY SilArgon
    Insulation
    DIY Down/Synthetic
    Suspension
    Line/strap
    Images
    Just to let everyone know that boothill and I went camping again this weekend, and got rained on again! Our rain-streak is intact with a perfect 4/4! (I'm not complaining, I'm bragging! ) We have such awesome powers of precipitation that we're thinking about calling ourselves 'The Rainmakers' and taking our act on the road. Probably plenty of places out there that would pay us to camp near their towns!

No, but seriously, I wanted to suggest to everyone who is coming out THIS WEEKEND (w00t! w00t!) that you bring your raingear. I'm super excited, and can't wait to meet everyone! Travel safe.....
    "You'll never get a Purple Heart hiding in a foxhole." Capt. H. P. Crowe, USMC; Guadalcanal, 13 Jan 1943

'I'm not a vegetarian because I love animals. I'm a vegetarian because I hate plants." A. Whitney Brown

"Everything takes longer once a cat gets involved." sm

The Beautiful Black Hills of South Dakota
    Hammock
    Tarp
    DIY ARGON CAMO/BMJ
    Insulation
    DIY DOWN TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    STRAPS/BUCKLES
    we were able to get supper for friday and saturday night all planned out this weekend so we have that covered for both nights

friday night - big pot of chili, beer bread and some extras
    saturday night - buffalo/elk burgers and elk brats (local to the area) and a couple sides

if you want something different you will need to make it yourself

for breakfast we are going to make up some pancake batter and people can cook their own, will also cook a mess of bacon up, will just leave this stuff out so people and do it at their own pace

lunch each day your pretty much on your own, but i'm betting most will be out doing something or site seeing, if your in camp i'm guessing we'll be able to round something up

bring your own adult beverages if you want some, i will try and get a couple coolers together that you can put stuff in if you need to

sodakgrrl and myself are planning on being up at the campsite by about 9am friday and will get some signs up starting at the "north entrance" of sheridan lake to help guide people in (although it's pretty easy to find)

if you have any problems or need to get ahold of me, here is my info

brian mettler
    <redacted after hangout>

that is my cell, if you don't get me just leave a message and i will call you back or because of the very spotty cell service in the hills a text sometimes works better so feel free to do that too

i know sodakgrrl and myself are getting really excited for the weekend and getting a chance to meet everyone, just remember to please be safe on your journey to the hills! we want everyone to make it here and back safe and sound

boot
    The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us. ~Bill Watterson

Hammock
    Darien UL, Ridgerunner, DIY
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Cuben
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear UQ,TQ
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Quote Originally Posted by Boothill View Post
    we were able to get supper for friday and saturday night all planned out this weekend so we have that covered for both nights

friday night - big pot of chili, beer bread and some extras
    saturday night - buffalo/elk burgers and elk brats (local to the area) and a couple sides

if you want something different you will need to make it yourself

for breakfast we are going to make up some pancake batter and people can cook their own, will also cook a mess of bacon up, will just leave this stuff out so people and do it at their own pace

lunch each day your pretty much on your own, but i'm betting most will be out doing something or site seeing, if your in camp i'm guessing we'll be able to round something up

bring your own adult beverages if you want some, i will try and get a couple coolers together that you can put stuff in if you need to

sodakgrrl and myself are planning on being up at the campsite by about 9am friday and will get some signs up starting at the "north entrance" of sheridan lake to help guide people in (although it's pretty easy to find)

if you have any problems or need to get ahold of me, here is my info

brian mettler
    605-645-0662

that is my cell, if you don't get me just leave a message and i will call you back or because of the very spotty cell service in the hills a text sometimes works better so feel free to do that too

i know sodakgrrl and myself are getting really excited for the weekend and getting a chance to meet everyone, just remember to please be safe on your journey to the hills! we want everyone to make it here and back safe and sound

boot
    oh my that is so nice of you - can we contribute any sides. we could get good bread or sides? let us know we will be there by 11am
    "nature speaks in the silence between words"
    www.mustexplore.blogspot.com

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    UGQ H11/12 WD11
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies w/ ET's
    Images
    Super excited to be heading back out west and meeting a bunch of new folks.... As always I'm amazed at the genoristy of the people of this wonderful forum...
    Happy Hangin'

Paul - Master Fabric Welder @ UGQ

>>>VISIT UGQ OUTDOOR HERE<<<

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Beautiful Black Hills of South Dakota
    Hammock
    Tarp
    DIY ARGON CAMO/BMJ
    Insulation
    DIY DOWN TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    STRAPS/BUCKLES
    Quote Originally Posted by Skygzr View Post
    oh my that is so nice of you - can we contribute any sides. we could get good bread or sides? let us know we will be there by 11am
    sure, whatever you want to bring is great......i have never been know to turn down good eats!

Quote Originally Posted by sr1355 View Post
    Super excited to be heading back out west and meeting a bunch of new folks.... As always I'm amazed at the genoristy of the people of this wonderful forum...
    safe travels, looking forward to it too!

boot

• + New Posts
  • Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast