Hello again guys.
I finally got around to building my winter TQ.
Shell - Momentum 90 , Black Taffeta inside, Gray Mini Ripstop outside. From thru hiker
Baffles - 4.25" finished height noseeum at 4.25" spacing. Full 4.25" loft. From Wilderness logics
Insulation - 19oz of 800+ fill from Wilderness logics
Footbox - square 9.5" x 9.5" full 4.25" thick construction.
Draft collar - 3" round
Finished weight 28oz
Finished shape/dimensions as shown:
This is my first winter TQ.
Previously I have used a sleeping bag(s) or summer TQs stacked when the temps dip down low.
This build is very similar to the 0*F Burrow from Stormcrow at Hammockgear.com.
I saw one of these Burrows in person recently, and the baffle spacing and down control they provided was impressive. So, I tried to emulate this build style.
I chose M90 for the claimed "Higher wind/water resistance, lower breathability" The fabric also feels nicer that standard 1.1 nylon.
The noseeum from Wilderness logics really works nicely for baffles. It does not unravel easily, and it does not stretch so easily as to cause problems when sewing.
I worked late on this last night, and when it was finished I decided to immediately try it out.
I wore only wool socks, light thermal bottoms, t-shirt, knit hat.
Temps overnight were in the high teens, and wind was 5-9 mph.
I was very warm and comfortable in this thing, and was never too hot.
The M90 feels really nice on the skin.
I'm hoping that this quilt will take me down around -10 or better.