Hammock
    WB Blackbird 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    WB BigMamaJamba
    Insulation
    Kick ass quilt:JBR
    Suspension
    WHOOPIE MSH
    welcome to the forum this place is packed full of great information and even greater people, dont be affraid to ask as many questions as you want and howdy from texas enjoy
    Ty

Quote Originally Posted by Tillamook View Post
    Thanks slo I have watched about every video there is on hammocks on youtube shug is a riot to watch! I also have watched grizz's videos and they to are very informative! I watch grizz when im sober I watch shug when im everything but sober lol jk

Thanks poppabear and gunner!

You all have quite the welcomeing commitee lol makes me want to maybe go to a hammock event and meet some of the great people that make up this world of tree swingers

Josh
    You definitely should, I know for a fact there are some great hangers in OR. Also a good way to pick up new tricks and see some different setups. Hammocking is all about fine-tuning what works FOR YOU. Hang events are a great place to figure all that out while hanging* out with some good people

Hammock
    No seum at the time
    Tarp
    DIY silnylon soon!
    Insulation
    mummy bag
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Thanks for the welcome sanantone Thats good to know! I was a member of a home destillers forum for a bit and boy let me tell you! The answer to every question was you obviously havent done your research! and then they would flame you for asking a simple question! Thanks again!

slo I will have to check out the schedules, I would guess there is something on the forum that talks about upcoming events? Ill look for it. O and ill start reffering to the group as hangers and not swingers lol wasnt sure of what yall were called lol

Josh

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    Welcome Tillamook. Got to drive though and stopped for some samples at the factory this summer. Everyone is raving about the cheese....It must be that none of these folks have had the ice cream. I would be the fatest guy in town if I were left to my own with a local supply.
    Arrowhead Equipment -- For all your hammock camping and backpacking gear
    Arrowhead-Equipment.com Visit AHE on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check out pictures on Instagram

Hammock
    Wilderness Logic Night OWL
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Pheonix 3s, te-wa
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Welcome to the 'addiction' as some call it. The only dumb questions are the ones you don't ask. A lot of knowledge here so ask away! Do try and get to a hang when you can. You'll learn bunches and meet some of the best people on the planet!
    I like refried beans. That's why I wanna try fried beans, because maybe they're just as good and we're just wasting time. You don't have to fry them again after all.

Hammock
    My own $25 DIY Hammock.
    Tarp
    Chinook Camo.
    Insulation
    E.C.W.S Military
    Suspension
    Bioshock

Another Oregonian

This is one of the best sites on the web. Great people too. Gotta give a big up to those delicious Netarts bay crab too. Love em fresh from the ocean to my smoker. Try to make it there every year or to newport. There are ae lot of Oregon hangers. Glad to have you. Hit me up if you ever have a question. I certainly don't know it all, but i can fake the rest. LMAO

Hammock
    DIY - HH - ENO
    Tarp
    OES - HG
    Insulation
    DIY - HG
    Suspension
    WS - AHE
    Images
    Welcome from Portland! I recently moved out from the East Coast, and I haven't made it out to Tillamook yet, but I hear awesome things and eat plenty of that good cheese.

Hammock
    ///
    Tarp
    ///
    Insulation
    ///
    Suspension
    ///
    I'm just laying here in my bunk at the fire station in Lebanon, OR having a little midnight snack of some Tillamook extra sharp aged white cheese!

Welcome!

Hammock
    WL Night Owl
    Tarp
    WL BD TP
    Insulation
    WL TQ, WL UQ
    Suspension
    Whoppies/Straps
    Images
    Welcome, new here myself...A great bunch in here...

Hammock
    WBBB Dbl 1.7
    Tarp
    BigMambaJamba w/po
    Insulation
    3s BM & Incubator
    Suspension
    straps
    Quote Originally Posted by Tillamook View Post
    Hello everyone I have been reading on here off and on for about a month trying to figure this whole hammocking thing out, it seems really cool to me to just hang from the trees while sleeping and that you can personalize your setup for whatever fits your needs. I got my first hammock a couple weeks ago and am now wishing I would have just made one I seem to always have new interests or hobbies, it annoys the wife but life is short so why not! I live in Netarts just out of Tillamook OR. and enjoy fishing hunting and just about everything outdoors. I also build stick bows or selfbows and that is my main passion and has been for a few years now.

I am currently debating on making my own silnylon tarp or trying to find a cheap used one on here or another website. I may have to do some more searching but the search function hasnt seemed to be to helpfull when it comes to finding exact answers to questions i have. The info is out there I just cant find the threads to help me for instance I tried to find out what size line to use for whoopie suspension at both ends of my hammock for about 3 days and still couldnt find it lol I know its either 7/64 or 1/8 amsteel as thats what i wanted to use but I couldnt find what people liked to save my life!

Anyway thanks for all the combined info the site has thanks to all of you and thanks for all the you tube videos that some of you have posted they were really helpfull!

Josh
    You can make a tarp for about 1/2 what you'd pay. But if you haven't worked with slippery silnylon before it could be a little frustrating. A good tarp is about $120.

Spectran-based rope (Amsteel, etc.) is probably mail-order only unless they carry something at Kimmels in Tillamook.

One thing to consider: A lot of these suspension ideas are crafted back east in Penciltucky where they seem to have an abundance of skinny naked trees. On the Oregon coast you've got a lot of timber where the branches start at ground level - my point is that you might want to compare strap & buckle against whoopee slings for working in the branches and over-all length.

Have fun!

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast